Mt Airy Swim Meet Info
June 15, 2017
Swimmers & Parents,
Here is the meet information for Saturday’s meet at Ridge pool in Mt Airy.
- Please arrive by 7:10am. Swimmers & volunteers should check in right away at the check-in tent..
- Swimmers should wear their team suit or a solid blue or black suit.
- It isn’t mandatory to wear a cap, but if you do, it MUST be a team cap. Swim caps are in the folders in the team box for new families. See Michelle Baird regarding any team outfitting.
- Warm-ups are: 10-younger 7:25-7:35, 11 – Older 7:35 – 7:45, then full team dive sprints until 7:50am.
- The meet will start at 8 am and finish around 12:30.
- There is a superhero theme this meet for anyone to participate if they like. There will be a moment of silence for the RSST Team President who passed away during the off season. .
- Upon entering the club, please enter the pool through the gates left of the club house. (You can drop swimmers at this location and then park.)
- Our team gathering area is the large grass area in the back behind the pool fence. When you enter the pool through the gates to the left of the Club House building just keep walking straight back along the staked area towards the basketball court. The gate to the grassy area behind the fence will be on your right next to the basketball court.
- On the pool deck spectators are welcome on the non-start end, or on the parents side.
- Timers meeting at 7:35am near the starter system side of the pool.
- Officials meeting will take placeat 7:45am.
- Please note that Beck Dr has a 25 MPH speed limit and is a popular hangout for police.
- Important Parking Guidelines-
- If the pool lot is full, parking is allowed on both sides of Beck Drive, but please do not block any of the mailboxes.
- Parking is allowed on the right side of Merridale Blvd. (the same side as the Senior Center).
- Parking is allowed in the Mt. Airy Daycare and Learning Center lot located adjacent to Wildwood Park at 605 Ridge Avenue.
- Parking is NOT allowed on either David Court or Lewis Court located directly off of Beck Drive.
- RSST will NOT be selling meet programs . However, electronic versions of both the hand writer file and the seeded meet file will be posted on our website. This will allow you to download and print the file(s) prior to the meet.
- Please note: our host pool, Ridge Swim Club, has a strict policy against body markings of any type other than the writing of Event#, Heat#, and Lane# on hands. It is very easy for other marker or body paint writing to leave permanent marks on the chairs which are owned by the swim club. This rule is a condition that RSST and their guest swimmers must follow in order to hold meets at this facility.
- Directions to the pool: 309 Beck Drive in Mt Airy Take I-70 to exit 68, Md 27N towards Mt. Airy. Make a left onto Md 27 N. Turn left onto Twin Arch Rd, then a right onto Beck Rd. Pool is about a block down on your right at the dead end.
- We ask everyone’s help in making sure the grounds are clean when we leave.
- Don’t forget your goggles or sunscreen, and good luck!