June 20, 2017
This week’s proud sponsor is Occoquan Swimming (OCCS) – home to more than 30 BHST swimmers! OCCS offers year round competitive swim programs designed to develop the character traits, technical skills, work ethic, and intense desire necessary for maximal realization of each individual’s potential, both as a person and as a competitive swimmer. OCCS swimming is offered at six sites across Fauquier and Prince William counties, including the WARF. For more information about OCCS, plan to attend one of the following summer open houses at the Central Park Aquatic Center, located at 10371 Central Park Drive, Manassas, VA.
June 28 – 5:00-7:00pm
July 12 – 5:00-7:00pm
July 26 – 5:00-7:00pm
August 9 – 5:00-7:00pm
Alternatively, you can chat on deck with Assistant Coach Dalton, who led the Hurricanes’ Spring Developmental program and is an Assistant Coach for OCCS; Joan Craft, a Hurricane mom and OCCS coach; or Lisa Kerrigan, who is a board member for both OCCS and the Hurricanes. Thank you to OCCS for their continued support of the Hurricanes - Like OCCS on Facebook.
NOTES AND REMINDERS
- The TEAM STORE is open! All orders must be placed by 11:00am Wednesday, June 21. Orders will be distributed on deck around June 30. Questions – call Deb Malinow at (703) 517-7211.
- Team shirts are in production, and we anticipate distributing the shirts on deck beginning this Wednesday.
- Ribbons from Saturday’s meet were placed in the family folders, which will be on deck all week.
- This week’s meet is at home against the Dominion Valley Sharks. Please be sure to declare your swimmers’ intentions by Wednesday night – and don’t forget to sign up to volunteer!
- Picture night is Wednesday, June 28. All swimmers are expected to report to the pool at 6:00pm. Pizza will be served after the team picture has been taken.