June 27, 2017
YMCA Long Course National Swimming Championship is the season-culminating summer/long course competition event for YMCA swimmers between the age of 12 and high school graduation. This event celebrates athlete achievements and demonstrates the value that competitive swimming has in nurturing the full potential of all youth.
Qualifying Standards for the Championship: Qualifying Times
If your LC National Team is able to attend, the following important information is available for the swimmers and parents of your National Team. Please forward this section to those swimmers (and their parents) who plan to participate:
SWIMMERS AND PARENTS INFORMATION
- WEB SITE: Visit the YMCA LC Nationals web site at: http://ymca.ymcaswimminganddiving.org/2017LC. This site contains all the information regarding preparing, entering, traveling to, and participating in YMCA LC Nationals. Sign-up for email notifications and receive emails when information is posted on the web site.
- LOCATION: Greensboro Aquatic Center, Greensboro, NC. Facility Information
- VIDEO: If you are unable to attend, watch all the
action and events via our web service, FloSwimming. Join
FloSwimming.com for access to YMCA LONG COURSE NATIONAL
CHAMPIONSHIPS coverage beginning at 4:30pm Eastern Daylight Time
Jul 31, 2017 and continuing through Aug 04, 2017. Subscribe to the full content (live and on-demand videos of all the competition including interviews) for only $29.99 per month with a minimum of one month subscription. Join at http://bit.ly/2qKCPPN
- MEET INVITATION: YMCA Long Course Nationals Championship Handbook (Meet Invitation) provides information for Coaches, Swimmers and Parents to prepare, enter, attend, and compete in the championship
- SCHEDULE: This is a Schedule of Activities for each day of the meet. The schedule contains events/activities, dates/times, and locations for coaches, swimmers, officials, and parents
- VOLUNTEER: If you are a certified swim official (YMCA or USAS) or an experienced timer, then you are cordially invited to help us. We need a large number of officials and timers to run this Championship. Please sign-up to Volunteer
- TRAVEL ASSISTANCE: The YMCA of USA hopes to alleviate some of the financial pressures associated with participation by making financial assistance available to the parents/athletes to help support an athlete on local YMCA Financial Assistance with traveling to National Competitions. Contact your YMCA’s Head Coach to apply. Application Form. Deadline: July 15
(no need to forward this section to swimmers and parents)
- COACH REGISTRATION: Make sure all your attending coaches have completed their annual registration and have updated and current certifications by July 1. Required Certifications
- INFORMATION: Web Site, Qualifying Times, Meet Invitation, Schedule of Activities
- MEET ENTRY: Entry Deadline: Monday July, 24 at 5:00 PM (ET), Event File, Online Meet Entry,
- TRAVEL ASSISTANCE: The YMCA of USA hopes to alleviate some of the financial pressures associated with participation by making financial assistance available to the parents/athletes to help support an athlete on local YMCA Financial Assistance with traveling to National Competitions. Application Form. Deadline: July 15
- LUNCH AND DINNER OPTIONS: The Greensboro Aquatic Center is offering lunch and dinner options for your team that will get your swimmers back to their rooms quickly to rest. Don't spend time arranging and attending lunches and dinners at the hotel or making reservations at "slow-to-serve" restaurants. Interested?
- OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Important information about entry fee payment, meet entry process, and Parade Theme
If you have attended a previous YMCA Championship, you know how exciting and rewarding the Championship can be to the swimmers, parents and coaches. If you never attended a YMCA National Championship, this is your opportunity to swim in a state-of-the-art facility featuring leading edge concepts in aquatic design. Greensboro Aquatic Center has been the host for numerous National USA-S, YMCA, and Regional events in its 78,323-square-foot indoor complex.
- More information about YMCA LC Nats at Greensboro: Overview
- More information about Greensboro Aquatic Center: Facility
We are looking forward to seeing you and your swimmers in Greensboro.
The 2017 YMCA Long Course National Championship Meet Committee
- Bob Turner, Meet Director ( email@example.com )
- Joel Black, Meet Referee ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Tom Warrick, Entry Chair ( email@example.com )
- Jon Fox, Officials Coordinator ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Jamie Bloom, YMCA Coaches Association Chair ( email@example.com )
- Meredith Griffin, YUSA National Swimming Sports Coordinator ( firstname.lastname@example.org )