July 21, 2017
Swimmers & Families,
The Division Championship meet is tomorrow at MHS. I’m looking forward to it, as we could possibly win it! Make sure your swimmer is getting a lot of rest tonight, and not doing anything too strenuous today. We will see some fast swims and some warm weather! Here are important things to note:
- Pleasearrive by 6:25am. Check in right away. If you are late, check in AFTER warmups.
- Warm-ups are 6:40 – 7:00am
- Swimmers may ONLY wear team caps. If you need a team cap, see Coach Holly
- Volunteers check in as soon as you arrive.
- S&T officials meeting will be at 7:30 near the starter system.
- Timers will meet at 7:45 near the starter system.
- The meet will start at 8:00, and will be finished around 2:00.
- It is optional for swimmers to use the starting blocks
- There is limited bleacher seating inside the building for spectators to watch events. The primary seating area will be the grassy field at the corner of the school. Go into the pool area only to watch your child’s race.
- Everyone is limited to the pool and locker room areas. No one is allowed in other areas of the school.
- There will be concessions.
- Programs will not be for sale, but an email with the program has been sent to all families, and it's on the team website.
- The theme for this year's meet is Super Heroes. Teams are encouraged to participate by celebrating their favorite Super Heroes. But please NO weapons and NO props that can be used as weapons. We want smiling, uninjured swimmers on the blocks!
- Pre-ordered (before July 20) Divisional T-Shirts will be distributed at the meet. These Tshirt have the back left empty for swimmers to have their friends sign. The online ordering system will be open through the meet. Any orders placed after the 20th will not be available at the meet. Individuals will be responsible for picking up their shirts on their own.
- There will be a “photo booth” complete with props available. Bring your own camera and snap away!
- This is the last chance for swimmers to qualify for the All-Star meet. If your swimmer makes the meet, you should talk to Michelle Baird right away if you want to order the All-Star t-shirt. The order is due on Saturday. Also, please let me know right away if your swimmer will participate in the All-Star meet.
- We ask everyone’s help in making sure the grounds are clean when we leave.
- Prepare for heat. Drink lots of water and stay in the shade. Avoid running around.
- Don’t forget your goggles & sunscreen!
- Stick around for celebrating at the end! There may be a coach or two thrown in the water!