August 20, 2017
Hello all Panthers,
I am so excited to be writing the first weekly news of the year! With the first practices and tryouts taking place today, there are plenty of reasons to be excited. We have so many new swim families moving to ISB this year, which means new teammates, new friends and perhaps even the biggest team ever. I will keep you posted on the exact swimmer numbers in the coming weeks.
For now, just get to the pool and say hi to your coaches, they have really missed you over the summer.
First day of swimming for returning swimmers:
For the first week, please return to your same squad as last year. After we have had all the tryouts, we will make squad adjustments as needed. This is just the first week back, remember to have fun and don’t worry if you spent more time playing than swimming over the holidays, you won’t be alone.
Tryouts for new swimmers:
Tryouts for new swimmers take place today at the 50m pool, starting at 2:30pm (50 m pool). If your friends have been on a different team before, they can send us their times and we will put them in the appropriate squads.
Reminder: Two new coaches on deck!
Remember to stop and say hi to our two new Coaches; Coach Jan and Coach Mon are going to be a great addition to our team and we are very excited to have them.
As with all of our coaches, you can check out their profiles on our website under the “Coaching Team” tab.
Upcoming Events…sign up today on our website:
- Panther Kickoff Gala & Dinner (September 1st, 2:30pm-6:00pm) This is an all ages, all family event. Short sprint distances will be swam with a welcome back team dinner to follow. After dinner, swimmers play dodge ball with coaches in the gym while we offer a short parent information session upstairs in the classroom. This is great fun, we are looking for 100% participation!
- Patana Tiger Prawn 8 & under Meet (September 30th) Only for swimmers age 8 and under.
- Panther Palooza “Intra-squad Meet” (10&under on October 2nd, 11&over on October 3rd) This is an after school meet for just our swimmers.
- Panther Swim Team “Swim-a-thon” (October 19th) Team fundraiser for 2nd Chance Bangkok (see website for information on our team charity).
- “Swimfest” Spirit Night (November 10th after school) Fun “Tailgate Party” to get the motivated for the weekend competition.
- ISB “Swimfest Meet” (November 11/12) This is the largest school meet held in Thailand with over 1000 swimmers.
That is all for now, see you on deck!