August 27, 2017
Hello all Panthers,
Our tryouts are over and we had a record-breaking attendance for new swimmers looking to join our team. We had over 80 swimmers attend the 4 days of tryouts and we have registered 62 new swimmers already. So there is going to be a lot of new faces at the pool this year. Very exciting for sure!
For returning swimmers and new swimmers alike, registration closes this Friday. It is difficult to open the registration once it closes, so please register soon if you have not done so already.
Because we have so many new swimmers, it is very important that we get our whole team out for our Kick-off Gala this Friday. We really want to get to know our new teammates.
If you have not signed up to swim, please do so today. There is a link to sign up for dinner in this email.
Panther Kickoff Gala & Dinner (September 1st, 2:30pm-6:00pm)
This is an all ages, all family event. Short sprint distances will be swam with a welcome back team dinner to follow. After dinner, swimmers play dodge ball with coaches in the gym while we offer a short parent information session upstairs in the classroom. This is great fun; we are looking for 100% participation!
Sign up on the website today for the swimming portion and sign up on the following Google doc for the dinner portion. All family members are welcome and will pay a small fee for food. All of our swim team members are free.
Click here and sign up for dinner please:
Swim Suits/Caps/T-shirts and Swim Team Swim Bags will be handed out at the Kick-Off Gala:
Swim Suits: New Swimmers will have paid for a new race suit as part of their registration. If returning swimmers want new suits, then can buy them also this Friday.
Caps/T-shirts: All swimmers receive one cap and 2 shirts (black and gold) per year. They will be ready Friday.
Swim Back Packs: These were pre-ordered last year; so only those that ordered them will get these now. We will do another order soon.
Parent Lesson of the week:
How to sign up for events on our website:
To sign up for any events (like this weeks kick off Gala) follow these simple instructions:
- Sign in to your account on our website and then look at the bottom of the page and you will see Swim Meets and Team Functions.
- Click on "Edit Commitment: beside the Kick Off Gala title. You will then see your swimmers name(s).
- Click on the name and another page will open, from here click on the Declaration scroll. You choose either "yes" or "no". I hope you choose yes,
- Then lastly you will have the option of choose the events for your swimmer. If you do not know, just leave the events blank and your coach will choose the events. This is a popular option.
Upcoming Events…sign up today on our website:
- Panther Kickoff Gala & Dinner (September 1st, 2:30pm-6:00pm)
- Patana Tiger Prawn 8 & under Meet (September 30th) Only for swimmers age 8 and under.
- Panther Palooza “Intra-squad Meet” (10&under on October 2nd, 11&over on October 3rd) This is an after school meet for just our swimmers.
- Panther Swim Team “Swim-a-thon” (October 19th) Team fundraiser for 2nd Chance Bangkok (see website for information on our team charity).
- “Swimfest” Spirit Night (November 10th after school) Fun “tailgate party” to get the motivated for the weekend competition.
- ISB “Swimfest Meet” (November 11/12) This is the largest school meet held in Thailand with over 1000 swimmers.
That is all for now, see you on deck!