September 10, 2017
Hello all Panthers,
Congratulations to all of Panther Swim Team members that competed in the Iron Kids Tri-Athlon this weekend. Good to see our swimmers show their talents outside the pool.
This week is Butterfly week for the MS/HS swimmers and week 2 of Breaststroke for the 10 and under swimmers. So let’s concentrate hard on technique and polish those strokes.
Swim Squads now set:
You may have already received and email from your squad coach, if you have not it will be coming today or tomorrow. Now that we have all new swimmers accounted for, we have formed the following squads:
8&under squads (7):
Seahorses (Coach Gibby)
Jelly Fish (Coach Jan)
Squidies (Coach Nat)
Nemos (Coach Paul)
Dolphins (Coach Nuch)
Barracudas (Coach Jan)
Sting Rays (Coach Noey)
9&10 Squads (5):
Marlins (Coach Mon)
Swordfish (Coach Nat)
Bluefins (Coach Paul)
Piranhas (Coach Ann)
Sharks (Coach Nuk)
4 squads from all MS grades (ages 11-14)
Coach Noey, Coach Ann, Coach Nuch and Coach Mon
HS Squads: Coach Day, Coach Nuk and Coach Akiko
REMINDER: Activity Free Weekend starts Friday September 22:
No training or races any days of this weekend. This weekend is designed to recover and recharge the batteries, so please go have some fun and do just that.
8 and under swimmers, time running out for Patana Tiger Prawn meet!
We are now up to 45 swimmers, which is over half of our 8 and under squads. So with a week and half until the deadline, we can easily surpass the 60 swimmers we took last year.
Parent Lesson of the week:
The in’s and out’s of a “travel” meet:
A travel meet is simply a meet that we do not host at our pool. It can be across town, or across ASIA (even Australia).
Travel meets are great ways to enhance your child’s love for the sport. The “team bonding” across all age groups is priceless when it comes to falling in love with the sport of swimming. My fondest memories are always from travel meets.
Here are the important points you need to know:
- Sign up exactly the same way as our own meets. Meet sign-up deadlines are written in stone. So do not wait, we cannot enter any swimmers or change events past the due date.
- 2 weeks prior to the meet, a travel Google document will be sent out to those registered for the meet. A team bus will be provided for all areas of travel. Both domestic and international at no extra cost (for all family members).
- ES swimmers must travel with an adult. MS and older swimmers can travel with the coaches.
- The swim meet fees charged by the host team are covered by the Panther Swim Team, so no extra cost to you.
- For international Meets or domestic meets that require flights (Phuket), the families are responsible for booking their own flights and hotels. We will have a team flight, and team hotel, that will be provided for those that sign up for the meet.
- Meals and snacks are also the responsibility of the swim families. There are plenty of advice and examples on our website under the documents and information tab.
REPEAT LESSON: Get our swim team APP (it can do everything the website can do):
This is your one stop spot for all that is Panther Swim Team. You can sign up for meets, volunteer jobs, check swimmers times and a whole bunch more fun stuff.
Upcoming Events…sign up today on our website:
- Patana Tiger Prawn 8 & under Meet (September 30th) Only for swimmers age 8 and under.
- NIST Falcons Swim Extreme Meet (October 7th) This is an all-ages sprint meet. No qualifying times.
- Panther Palooza “Intra-squad Meet” (10&under on October 2nd, 11&over on October 3rd) This is an after school meet for just our swimmers.
- Panther Swim Team “Swim-a-thon” (October 19th) Team fundraiser for 2nd Chance Bangkok (see website for information on our team charity).
- “Swimfest” Spirit Night (November 10th after school) Fun “tailgate party” to get the motivated for the weekend competition.
- ISB “Swimfest Meet” (November 11/12) This is the largest school meet held in Thailand with over 1000 swimmers.
- 2nd Annual Thanyapura Panther Swim Team Camp (Phuket)
2 day swim camp for all ages. There will be plenty of different activities besides swim training. Lot’s of fun for the whole family at this sports resort.
That is all for now, see you on deck!