September 17, 2017
Hello all Panthers,
This is only a four day work week for our swimmers (Friday is part of activity free weekend), so if you are missing a practice on Friday feel free to join another practice day this week that fits into your schedule.
LAST CHANCE: Patana Tiger Prawn meet (8 & under only) Deadline September 19th
There will be no late sign ups, so tomorrow is your last chance.
Travel sign up will be emailed to those swimmers registered tomorrow.
Volunteer positions 70% full, please sign up.
After these events, there is only a couple more small events to get your volunteer hours in. So if you have not signed up, please do it today! We can not put these meets on without your support.
Jr. Palooza Oct 2 (9 people needed)
Sr. Palooza Oct 3 (5 people needed)
Swimfest 2017 Nov 11/12 (25 people needed) these are half-day shifts and almost take care of your volunteer requirements.
REMINDER: Activity Free Weekend starts Friday September 22:
No training or compititions this weekend.
Winter Swim Camp in Phuket (Dec 17-19):
This is an all-age’s camp run by our coaching staff in the beautiful training facility at Thanyapura Health & Sports Resort. https://www.thanyapura.com/
This is an amazing team building get away that includes wet and dry workouts, team games and tournaments. The camp culminates with a beach trip and open swim for the older swimmers.
This year the trip takes place at the start of the holiday so your family can just continue on with your trip when the camp is complete.
We will get updated room prices tomorrow and I will post them on the website. I will also book the team flight today for our coaches, if you want to travel with the team all bus trips will be organized for you.
If you plan on going to this trip, please sign up on the website so we know what numbers we will working with.
Remember that all MS and older swimmers can stay with friends and travel with coach’s supervision.
Parent Lesson of the week:
Cultivating Passion for your sport: Does it just happen? I don’t know, but this is what it looks like (see article)
The in’s and out’s of a “travel” meet:
A travel meet is simply a meet that we do not host at our pool. It can be across town, or across ASIA (even Australia).
Travel meets are great ways to enhance your child’s love for the sport. The “team bonding” across all age groups is priceless when it comes to falling in love with the sport of swimming. My fondest memories are always from travel meets.
Here are the important points you need to know:
- Sign up exactly the same way as our own meets. Meet sign-up deadlines are written in stone. So do not wait, we cannot enter any swimmers or change events past the due date.
- 2 weeks prior to the meet, a travel Google document will be sent out to those registered for the meet. A team bus will be provided for all areas of travel. Both domestic and international at no extra cost (for all family members).
- ES swimmers must travel with an adult. MS and older swimmers can travel with the coaches.
- The swim meet fees charged by the host team are covered by the Panther Swim Team, so no extra cost to you.
- For international Meets or domestic meets that require flights (Phuket), the families are responsible for booking their own flights and hotels. We will have a team flight, and team hotel, that will be provided for those that sign up for the meet.
- Meals and snacks are also the responsibility of the swim families. There are plenty of advice and examples on our website under the documents and information tab.
Upcoming Events…sign up today on our website:
- Patana Tiger Prawn 8 & under Meet (September 30th) Only for swimmers age 8 and under.
- NIST Falcons Swim Extreme Meet (October 7th)
This is an all-ages sprint meet. No qualifying times.
- Panther Palooza “Intra-squad Meet” (10&under on October 2nd, 11&over on October 3rd) This is an after school meet for just our swimmers.
- Panther Swim Team “Swim-a-thon” (October 19th) Team fundraiser for 2nd Chance Bangkok (see website for information on our team charity).
- “Swimfest” Spirit Night (November 10th after school) Fun “tailgate party” to get the motivated for the weekend competition.
- ISB “Swimfest Meet” (November 11/12) This is the largest school meet held in Thailand with over 1000 swimmers.
- 2nd Annual Thanyapura Panther Swim Team Camp (Phuket)
2 day swim camp for all ages. There will be plenty of different activities besides swim training. Lot’s of fun for the whole family at this sports resort.
That is all for now, see you on deck!