November 19, 2017
Hello all Panthers,
Congratulations to the high school team for their exciting weekend. IASAS were not the best hosts as the convincingly won the first ever IASAS vs APAC All Star Meet 1080 points to 620. ISB swimmers were a big part of that win as 8 boys and 4 girls scored in the top 6 on many occasions. On an individual note; Tar Tar and Claire both broke school records over the weekend. Tar Tar in the 100 fly, 100 free and 50 free. Claire set new standards in the 200 and 400 free. Congratulations to you both and good luck in your training for this years IASAS Championship.
There are only 4 more weeks of training before the winter break, so let’s do our best to attend 100% of those training days. If you don’t come to practice, you will not improve… it is that simple.
PB Shirts to come in!
Could we please have all 10 and under swimmers bring their “Lap It Up” shirts in so we can add their new PB swims to it. There will be a green bin on deck for you to put your shirt in. If you don’t bring it in at this time, it will not be updated.
3 events left in Semester 1: Please everyone compete in one of these!
We would like all 260 swimmers to compete in one of these events we have before the winter break. Here are the options:
- Bangkok Prep Bulldog Bash: This is a selection meet only and the swimmers must be invited. We can only have top 4 or 5 in each age group.
- Long Distance Time trials: This is for all ages, but you must be able to swim 100m confidently. You must also have most of your 50 m swims completed.
- Jr. Snowflake Meet: This is a beginner-intermediate meet. If you are not in the other two meets, please sign up for this meet. It is at our pool and it is after school. Very easy to attend.
Restructuring age group record board:
After reviewing our record boards, especially our 10 and under age groups, we have decided that some of the events we have for these young swimmers are not appropriate.
Parent Lesson of the week:
How hard should we push young swimmers? How much is too much?
Here is an article discussing overloading young swimmers and what that can do to their love of the sport long term. Great food for thought!
Holidays are around the corner:
Gift ideas for the swimmer in your family
Upcoming Events…sign up today on our website:
- ISB Long Distance Time Trials (Dec 6th)
For advanced swimmers who can compete at the 200-800 m distances. If you are not sure about this meet, speak with your coach and they will tell you if your ready.
- ISB Panther Jr. Snowflake Meet: 10 and under swimmers (Dec 7th)
A friendship meet between ISB and St. Andrews Samakee.
- Bangkok Prep Bulldog Bash: BISAC Selection Meet (Dec 9th)
A championship sprint meet aimed at BISAC level swimmers. If you are interested in being selected for this meet, please sign up. If you are unsure, ask your coach.
- 2nd Annual Thanyapura Panther Swim Team Camp (Phuket)
A 2 day swim camp for all ages. There will be plenty of different activities besides swim training. Lot’s of fun for the whole family at this sports resort.
- United World College Draon’s Den Meet (Singapore):
Our spring travel meet; this is a long course meet with qualifying times, but open to most of our swimmers. Must be able to swim 50m races.
That is all for now, see you on deck!