January 4, 2019
The South Riding Swim Team CSL program is seeking an assistant coach for the 2019 summer season. The South Riding Stingrays is a well-established team competing in eastern Loudoun and western Fairfax Counties, Virginia. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, individual to assist our head coach to lead approximately 165 swimmers of all abilities in our competitive swim league, as well as help coordinate and manage our junior coaches. Afternoon practices begin the Tuesday after Memorial Day. This year our morning practices will begin on or around Monday, June 10, 2019. Throughout the season there may be opportunities to coach evening swim practices, teach stroke enhancement clinics, and provide private swim lessons. Meet and practice attendance is required throughout the season (May 28-late July/early August, membership meeting date in May TBD). In addition to meets and practices, there will be some additional social activities that require attendance, such as pep rallies and the awards banquet.
The Stingray’s CSL program is committed to providing friendly team competition in a fun, organized and wholesome environment. We aim to inspire a love for the sport of swimming and a strong desire to participate in a competitive environment. The team has a dedicated and supportive group of parents who work hard to make sure the season is fun and the social events well planned. Our coaches will work closely with the parents to create an enjoyable season for everyone. The South Riding Stingrays is a team on which competition and enjoyment go hand in hand, and it is important to us to find leaders who embrace our culture and traditions.
Preferred candidates should:
- Have completed at least one year of college
- Have previous swim coaching experience
- Be lifeguard certified
- Be proficient in all stroke techniques and be able to give instruction and feedback
- Have strong leadership skills
- Be a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working with children and teenagers
- Promote team spirit
- Assist the head coach to prepare lineups, relay teams, etc
- Work with the other coaching staff to select and recognize swimmers for awards, including swimmers of the week and the end of season Coach’s Award.
Attendance at CSL social events and our end of season award ceremony is expected. For more information about the Stingrays please visit our website, www.gostingrays.com
To apply please send resume to Erin Walter, [email protected]