January 4, 2019
The South Riding Swim Team ODSL program is seeking an assistant coach for the 2019 summer season. The South Riding Stingrays is a well-established team located in Loudoun County, Virginia. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, individual to assist our head coach to lead approximately 220 swimmers of all abilities in our developmentally competitive swim league, as well as help coordinate and manage our junior coaches. Afternoon practices begin the Tuesday after Memorial Day. This year our morning practices will begin on or around Monday, June 10, 2019. Throughout the season there may be opportunities to coach evening swim practices, teach stroke enhancement clinics, and provide private swim lessons. Swim meets are generally held on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings, with a few special events on other days throughout the season, which culminates with our end of season meets (Divisionals and All Stars) and our end of year awards ceremony.
The Stingray’s ODSL program is committed to providing friendly team competition in a fun, organized and wholesome environment. We aim to inspire a love for the sport of swimming, develop advanced aquatic skills, foster teamwork and promote the principles of good sportsmanship. The team has a dedicated and supportive group of parents who work hard to make sure the season is fun and the social events well planned. Our coaches will work closely with the parents to create an enjoyable season for everyone. The South Riding Stingrays is a team on which competition and enjoyment go hand in hand, and it is important to us to find leaders who embrace our culture and traditions.
Preferred candidates should:
- Have completed at least one year of college
- Have previous swim coaching experience
- Be lifeguard certified
- Be proficient in all stroke techniques and be able to give instruction and feedback
- Have strong leadership skills
- Be a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working with children and teenagers
- Promote team spirit
- Assist the head coach to prepare lineups, relay teams, etc
- Work with the other coaching staff to select and recognize swimmers for awards, including swimmers of the week and the end of season Coach’s Award.
Attendance at ODSL social events and our end of season award ceremony is expected. For more information about the Stingrays please visit our website, www.gostingrays.com
To apply please send resume to Michael Sullivan, [email protected]