May 12, 2018
Mandatory All-Member Meeting
5:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 30
at Eagle Park Pool
This year, the board has made the annual members meeting mandatory, as there are critical issues for the members to consider and approve. All Foothill swimmers will have practice at Eagle that afternoon.
At the meeting, the board will seek membership approval for the following items:
- New board members
- Membership fee increase, to be effective Sept. 1, 2018
- 2018-2019 Budget (for Sept ,1, 2018, through Aug. 31, 2019)
- Removal from the board of the position, “Member-at-Large.” This will reduce the number of board members from eight to seven.
The board would like to hear member feedback regarding the following service-hour issues:
- A trend toward members leaving the club and declining to pay or fulfill service-hour requirement
- Difficulty in finding enough volunteers for May meet
- Last-minute shortages of volunteers because members don’t follow through with service hours for which they have signed up
Most importantly, LAMVAC has had two board positions open for many months, and two more are opening soon. Over the past six months, the club has only been able to fill one position and is desperately seeking others to join the team to ensure the club’s continued success. If LAMVAC is unable to fill these positions, the board will not be able to function effectively.
The board positions that are available are the following:
- Secretary (open)
- Marketing Coordinator (open)
- Membership Coordinator (opening in July)
- Volunteer Coordinator (opening in September)
The requirements for each board position are different, but LAMVAC keeps the hours required as low as possible. Board meetings are the second Wednesday of each month, and along with a few additional hours per month specific to each position, these hours go a long way toward keeping this 60-plus-year-old club alive and working. Please consider joining the team. If you are interested, please contact Board President Darrell Hoff for more information at [email protected]. You may also contact the current membership and volunteer coordinators at [email protected] and [email protected], respectively.