June 15, 2018
Swimmers & Families,
It’s hard to believe, but tomorrow is our first swim meet! This is the first meet ever for many of you, and there will be a lot going on. If you’re not sure about something, ask other parents or a coach. We are all in this together and we want this to be fun for everyone. We will be competing with Whittier at the Greenleaf pool. Here is what you need to know for the meet:
- Please arrive by7:10am.
- Swimmers & volunteers should check in right away at check-in tent.
- Check relay lists to see if you are swimming or are an alternate, then get ready for warm ups.
- Warm-ups are: 9-12 year olds 7:25-7:35; 13 – Older & 8-Under 7:35 – 7:45, then full team dive sprints until 7:50am. This is the only time we have, so be ready to go.
- Swimmers should wear their team suit or a solid blue or black suit.
- It isn’t mandatory to wear a cap, but if you do, it MUST be a team cap. See Michelle Baird to pick up your swim caps.
- There is a luau theme for this meet. Swimmers and their families are invited to don themed attire and join in the fun!
- Officials meeting 7:45 am. Check in at the IT table so that you can be recorded in Meet manager before the start of the meet.
- Timers meeting 7:45 am
- The meet will start promptly at 8 am.
- Cash concessions will be available for breakfast and lunch items.
- Whittier will be running Meet Mobile and will not be selling programs. You may print out the program from our team website when we get it.
- Directions – The Greenleaf Pool is located at the corner of Tuscanney Drive and East Greenleaf Drive, 2100 E. Greenleaf Drive Frederick, MD 21702. From Middletown, take Alt 40 East to left on Willowdale. Turn right on Shookstown/Montevue, then left on Rosemont. Turn left on Tuscanney, then right on Greenleaf. Pool is your first turn on the right.
- Parking – Parking is available in the lots in front of pool and playground/pavilion. We ask that if you must part on the street, please park along East Greenleaf Drive and not along Tuscanney Drive. Also, please be respectful of driveways
- We ask everyone’s help in making sure the grounds are clean when we leave.
- Don’t forget your goggles or sunscreen, and good luck!