June 18, 2018
Swimmers & Families,
Welcome to the outdoor practices for the Braddock Heights Swim Team! With outdoor practices come questions that I’d like to answer here.
- When we are at the Braddock pool, parents are welcome to observe practice and should sit in the area between the plexiglass wall and the guard office. It is the Braddock Heights Swim Team policy that parents do not talk to their swimmers during practice unless it’s an emergency or you need to take them out of the water.
- You are welcome to talk to the coaches before practice starts or after practice is over, but during practice time, please don’t approach coaches or swimmers unless it’s urgent.
- If you have a question or a concern and you don’t feel comfortable talking about it on the pool deck (or in front of your child) the best way to reach me is via email at [email protected]. We have a lot of new families this year, so I expect some questions. If you need information, please do not hesitate to ask.
- If you have 8-Under swimmers, please observe practice from the area behind the plexiglass in the pool area or from your vehicle. Please do not watch practice from behind the fence as this draws the swimmers’ attention away from the group.
- Ribbons from Saturday meets will be available to pick up from your family box after Monday morning practice. Please allow volunteers time to sort the ribbons and place them in your family folder during practice time Monday.
- Team caps can be found in the Family Box
- This year there will NOT be dryland for 13-Olders.
- Evening practices areMonday through Wednesday 8:15 -9pm. You need to sign up with Holly before attending these practices as we staff them based on signups.
- WEATHER CONDITIONS &
- If there is rain, we will hold practice
- If there is heavy rain and the guard cannot see the pool drain, practice will be cancelled
- If there is thunder or lightning, there will be no practice.
- We will send out a team notification if practice is cancelled because of storms. Please verify your text on TeamUnify, otherwise the notification will be via email. Oftentimes, notifications will be last-minute..
Our team has great families, and I look forward to working with you all this summer!