February 14, 2019
Spring Water Polo registration is now open to all families. Water polo has been a great addition to the SAC program where athletes can still enjoy the pool in a team game atmosphere with the sport of water polo. Water polo continues to be one of the fastest growing sports in Pennsylvania and the EAST COAST.
High School Level – The high school team will practice Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 3:30-5:30pm at the Springfield High School Pool.The teams will compete in 8 games spread out from mid-March until mid-May. Typically two games are held on either a Saturday or Sunday in the two month season. Most, but not all games are held at North Penn or Wissahickon HS. HS girls may practice with the HS Boys for a reduced fee.
14 and under Co-ed Novice Level – All 13 and 14 year olds can compete on this co-ed team. These players will practice Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30-7:00pm. The teams will compete in 6 games spread out from mid-March until mid-May. Typically two games are held on either a Saturday or Sunday in the two month season. All games are held at either North Penn HS, Wissahickon HS .
12 and under Co-ed Novice Level - This team will be comprised of any player 12,11,10,9 year olds. The only requirement is that we ask a prospective player be able to swim one length of the pool with ease. The goal of this program is to teach younger players the rules, strategies, and techniques of water polo. It’s a great way to keep kids active in the water and stay in shape going into the summer season. Practice will be Mondays and Wednesdays from 5:30-7:00pm. This team will be paired with competition on their Novice level during game weekends. Typically, two games are held on either a Saturday or Sunday in the two month season. Most, games are held at North Penn or Wissahickon HS. Also, inter-squad scrimmages will be utilized during the week to advance players’ skills.
STEPS FOR SPARTAN PRIDE REGISTRATION
- All athletes need to sign up or renew their membership with American Water Polo. If you are not FIRST signed up with AWP, you cannot play in any games due to insurance reasons. This can be done through credit card or check. Membership with AWP include:
Liability insurance $2,000,000/$3,000,000
Secondary medical accident insurance
Annual reward for individual members (tshirt, water bottle, etc)
- Simply go to AWP Membership Page https://americanwaterpolo.org/join-now/
- Click on Individual Athletes (your choice of credit card or check)
- Fill out form with payment – Scholastic Athlete only $50.00
- Our Club Name – Spartan Pride (PA)
- Go to Springfield Aquatic Club and register your child for either the HS, 14 and under novice, or 12 and under novice team. Complete the on-line registration and submit payment with credit card.
Due to insurance purposes, a player must be registered with SAC before they begin practice.No exceptions
Look forward to seeing everyone back in the pool for some spring water polo!