June 14, 2019
Swimmers & Families,
Our first meet is tomorrow! If this is your first swim meet ever, don’t worry - it’s a lot of fun! We help each other out, so if you’re confused about something, just ask anyone around you. Also, this will be the first time the Brunswick team is hosting a meet at this new pool, so let’s try to be super helpful to them. Here are the logistics for the meet:
- The meet will be held at Brunswick Crossing, 1000 Potomac View Pkwy in Brunswick. THIS IS A NEW POOL. DO NOT GO TO THE OLD POOL.
- Please arrive by 7:10 am.
- Swimmers should check in right away at the check-in tent, then get ready to warm up.
- Warm-ups are only 25 minutes long, so be on time. 9-12 yr 7:30-7:40, 13 – Older & 8-U 7:40 – 7:50, then full team dive sprints until 7:55am.
- Swimmers should wear their team suit or a solid blue or black suit, with no team logos other than Barracuda logos.
- It isn’t mandatory to wear a swim cap, but if you do, it MUST be a team cap. If you haven’t received your free team cap, see Michelle Baird. She will have them at the meet.
- Set up canopies in the soccer field by pool in our team area. There will be no canopies on the pool deck, except for coaches and officials.
- Prepare for all kinds of weather. Bring blankets for cold days, canopies and water for hot.
- Stroke & Turn officials meeting will be at 7:40
- Timers meet at 7:50. Timers for both the 1st and 2nd half should attend.
- The meet will start at 8:00am.
- There will be cash concessions and Kona ice.
- There will NOT be meet programs for sale. You can print one out in advance from the email you received today from Christine Smith. The program is there to download & print. The meet will also be posted in Meet Mobile.
- Along with the meet sheet you also received a “Handwriter” file in that email. That is a listing of your swimmer’s events, heats and lanes all in one spot. They should write that on their hand in advance, if possible. The first number with a hashtag is the event number. After that you’ll see something like 3/5. That means your swimmer is in heat 3 (the third group to go) and in lane 5. If your swimmer is in a relay, and there’s a (2), that means they are the 2nd swimmer in the relay.
- This meet has to be finished by noon, so they will be combining some heats to save time. The swimmers will know this because they will be sorted out in the Clerk area, but parents should be aware. I will post a list of combined events to help spectators.
- PARKING is limited. We ask that if the pool parking lot is full that you drop your swimmer & gear (tents) off at the pool, then park in the Weis parking lot. It is not a long walk. They ask that we avoid parking on the street. DO NOT park at the Welcome Center or block driveways.
- We ask everyone’s help in making sure the grounds and locker rooms are clean when we leave.
- Don’t forget your goggles and sunscreen, and good luck!
DIRECTIONS TO THE POOL: Brunswick Crossing, 1000 Potomac View Pkwy in Brunswick Take Rt 17 south towards Brunswick. At the third roundabout, take the first exit onto Dutchman’s Creek Drive. Pool will be on your right after the next roundabout.