June 16, 2019
A few updates/reminders from your Team Coordinator:
- I sent an e-mail last week to those swimmers who qualify for the team jacket this year. I will be at practice Monday and Tuesday this week (first session) with samples of the medium and large for try-on. I will need your swimmer's size to ensure the jackets are here in time for the team picnic. If I don't receive your swimmer's sizing by then, a large will be ordered.
- Please be sure that your swimmer's t-shirt size is update in your profile in Team Unify. We are still finalizing the team gift, and if we order shirts, I will use the shirt size on file for your swimmer.
- Team photo day is this Friday, 6/21 at 8am at the pool. Regardless of your practice group, all swimmers should report at 8am so they can be part of the team photo, and also have individual photos taken. There is a fun practice afterwards, along with donuts, juice, fruit, etc. for swimmers and families. Order forms were placed in your in-bin, but extras will be available day of. This is a nice opportunity to get to know the other parents, to meet the officers, and have fun!
- The recycled racers program is going well this year -- with many families donating and purchasing. If you have a gently used suit (either practice or team suit) please consider putting it into our recycled racers inventory. It's a win-win if the suit sells (which many do!).
- We have two home meets this week. Report time for set-up is 5:00pm. All hands on deck for set-up and volunteering (and tear-down) at all home meets. If you haven't signed up yet, please do so via the website under "job signup" for each meet. For new families, timing is usually a good starting point for volunteering, but we have lots of jobs still open throughout the season. Please remember that there is a volunteer requirement for all families, and this doesn't include our Divisionals Meet in July. We need all of your help to make the season a success, so your cooperation is appreciated.
See you at the pool this week! Make it a great one!
Sincerely, Karen Milheim, Team Coordinator