June 21, 2019
Swimmers & Families,
Our first home meet is tomorrow! We have lots of new families, so let’s help each other out. It is very important that we all work together to make this a great experience for everyone. Here are the logistics for the meet:
- The meet will be held at Middletown High School, 200 Schoolhouse Dr, in Middletown.
- Please arrive by 6:45am unless you have a volunteer job that requires you to arrive earlier. The circle parking is reserved for coaches, concessions & meet setup.
- Swimmers & volunteers should check in right away at the check-in tent..
- Swimmers should wear their team suit or a solid blue or black suit.
- It isn’t mandatory to wear a cap, but if you do, it MUST be a team cap.
- Warm-ups are: 9-12yr 7:00-7:10, 13–Older & 8-Under 7:10 – 7:20, then full team dive sprints until 7:25am.
- Stroke & Turn officials meeting will be at7:40 outside the Swimmers entrance door. All 1st and 2nd half officials should attend.
- A Timers meeting will be at 7:45 outside near the Clerk of Course area. Timers for both the 1st and 2nd half should attend.
- The meet will start at 8:00am.
- There is limited bleacher seating inside the building for spectators to watch events when their swimmers are swimming.
- FCPS has guidelines that no one is allowed to go into other areas of the school other than the pool and locker rooms.
- There will be cash concessions for breakfast and lunch items.
- There will NOT be programs for sale. You can print one out in advance from the email you will receive from Christine Smith on TeamUnify.
- As you know, the high school pool has starting blocks. Most swimmers will use the blocks, but they also have the option of not using them.
- We ask everyone’s help in making sure the grounds and locker rooms are clean when we leave. We did a good job of this last weekend.
- If you can’t come to the meet at the last minute, please text me at (301) 471-7395. I don’t check emails once I’m at the meet, and it helps me to know if people are not coming.
- Don’t forget your goggles or the sunscreen, and good luck!