July 5, 2019
You've Been Invited to Attend Swim Camp!
Summer Elite Performance Racing Academy Is Accepting 36 Participants
LAMVAC swimmers have been invited to attend a Five-Day Technique Academy. The camp will take place July 31 through Aug. 4 at Capuchino High School in San Bruno.
This Academy consists of five individual clinic sessions over five days to improve the broad spectrum of competitive swimming. The curriculum for the Academy will mirror the event schedule at USA Swimming’s Phillips 66 National Championships in Palo Alto:
- Day 1: Sprint vs distance freestyle training
- Day 2: Training and racing the 200 freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke events
- Day 3: Dominate the 200 IM and 400 IM
- Day 4: Training 100s of backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly
- Day 5: Sprinting, starts and relay exchanges
Sessions are limited to no more than 36 participants.
The Academy will be led by Olympic gold medalist Nick Thoman, one of Fitter and Faster’s most popular, experienced and effective clinicians. He will be joined throughout the week by Austin Surhoff and Michael Mcbroom, both National Champions