Subscribe to the Calendar
August 30, 2019
Subscribe to the Calendar: Overview
The SwimOffice calendar is your central hub to manage all the activities on your team. If you can use Google’s calendar, you can use ours. Let’s take a quick look at all the features.
- Click Calendar Notes to put whatever message you want at the top. It’s a great way to highlight what’s currently important.
- New Calendar Item lets you add these various event types which we will cover in the next few lessons. You can do the same thing by clicking the by the calendar types. When you click the by a day in List view, it adds a General event.
- Choose which calendars to see in Customize Filters, or simply select which ones on the left. Those with an arrow let you select additional filters.
- Use Saved Views to both save and pull up views you’ve defined, such as only practices and team events in the weekly view. Click Make Default if you always want to initially see that view each time you come to the calendar.
- Show and hide the mini calendar and calendar types with the red calendar icon.
- Click Print to first see a preview of what you’ll print that uses the current filter settings. Check Black and White if you don’t have a color printer, then click Print.
Click Subscribe and then Copy Link for any of the
calendars you want to subscribe to, then paste the link into any
calendar program that uses ICS files, such as Google Calendar,
Apple iCal or Microsoft Outlook. As noted at the top of the dialog,
whatever filters are active for a given calendar will apply to the
subscription. For example, if you are displaying Practices for the
Juniper location only, then your subscription will only receive
practices for the same location.
Google Calendar allows you insert an ICS file by adding an URL (we
are pointing to the Web URL that the ICS file has been posted to).
Log into your Google calendar. On the left side of the page, find
“Other Calendars” and Click on “Add by
- Enter the
URL. After the calendar is added you can rename it.
- For Apple devices please reference https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202361