March 15, 2020
End of the Winter Season
At this time we are canceling the rest of the winter season in response to the potential exposure of the COVID-19. USA Swimming has canceled all events and the WPS will be cancelling school next week. Both the REC extended season and USA practices scheduled for the rest of the season are canceled. The March 24th USA Parent/Swimmer is canceled.
Spring/Summer Season Start
The start of the Spring/Summer season will continue as scheduled.
- Stroke Clinic starts on Monday April 20th
- USA Practice Starts on Tuesday April 21st
Registration for the Spring/Summer season will be open on Friday March 13th. USA Swimmers will need to register by March 20th so that they can sign up for meets.
- Avoid getting closer than six feet to anyone coughing or sneezing;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has 60-95% alcohol.
- This is especially important after going to the bathroom, before eating, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze.
- Throw the tissue in the trash, and then wash your hands;
- Stay home if you are sick, and away from the pool and from fellow team members;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly;
- Monitor the WHO and CDC websites for travel advisories and follow their recommendations.
Everyone is encouraged to seek further information using the CDC and the WHO websites:
We will continue to share information about the impacts as soon as we are aware. Please reach out to the Board for any questions or concerns. Thank you