March 16, 2020
Shorewood Swim Club Swimmers and Families,
We hope that this update finds you all healthy and safe. There are a few updates from our coaching staff/swim club board at this time.
- The Shorewood School District has no new updates. The facilities will still be closed until at least April 13th , so we will be out of the Shorewood pools through at least that date.
- The Shorewood Swim Club will delay all Registration payments until the May 1st billing cycle. Other payments (meet fees, social events, etc.) will be processed as normal on April 1st. We hope this will help any families who may have financial concerns at this time, and will allow us to make any needed adjustments when we have some more information as to the start of the Long Course Season.
- While we are not able to get in the water, we encourage all athletes to remain active. Kelsey is updating our Instagram page (@shorewoodswim) with a “Workout of the Day” to do at home, and we are also encouraging athletes to go on YouTube and watch swimming races and/or technique videos. We are trying to find other ways to stay connected with our great sport over this break.
- Stay connected with your teammates, but make sure that you are safe. Skype, FaceTime, and even a phone call are great, safe ways to keep in contact. The social network of our Swim Team is very important, so reach out to your teammates!
- We had three swimmers who were scheduled to attend the NCSA Junior National Meet in Orlando this week, but the meet was cancelled last Thursday. Congrats to Amie Barrow, Elise Jacobs and Emma Harris on qualifying for this prestigious meet, and while we are sorry you do not get to compete, we are all very proud of you!
Please let me know if you have any questions, and be well during our time away from the pool,