May 27, 2020
BLA update COVID-19
First, we hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to online learning almost being done! We understand that everyone is going through some tough times right now. Pool Update: Pools have been placed in phase 3 of MN opening. What does that mean? Good question, no date is set for phase 3 but I think it will fall in between June 15th and July 5th.
Below you will see the first draft for BLA safety plans for practice. FYI, we will need some parent help in this process. With the new update we will not be billing anyone for June, unless we are able to start in mid-June, then we will charge a fee for those swimming.
I am asking for feedback, if you plan on having a child swim this summer please reply YES to this email. If you will be taking the rest of summer off, please reply NO and we will suspend your account. We also plan on practicing until Mid-August and maybe even longer depending what the MSHSL does with fall sports. Again, my gut puts fall sports at 50/50 right now.
We want to thank all the families that helped in April and May. If you are in the position to help support BLA during June it would be greatly appreciated. Just send John an email at [email protected] Thank you in advance for your generous support of our swim team. Stay safe and enjoy your family time or yard work! Kids are home and have some free time and yard work equals dryland so put them to work in the yard.
Blackline Back on Deck Plan
Practices held in the 5 lane STA pool.
Social Distancing Guideline
-Signed waiver required
-Temperature taken at door along health questions
-Practices will be held for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours from 3:30-5:30 with groups of 10 per each scheduled time slots
- A coach for each time slot will be stationed at the entrance to keep parents and swimmers not assigned to that time slot out. They will also sanitize bathrooms after use.
- 2 coaches, all in masks, are the only other people on Deck and the coaches will be set up: one in the shallow end on the east wall and one coach in the deep end and the east side.
- 2 swimmers per lane, starting at opposite ends-Swimmers will enter the upper doors by the circle drive and enter the pool by shallow end door (north), the swimmers will leave by deep end door(south) and then leave the building by Flynn Hall doors.
- Parents must stay in the parking lot if they stay for practice
- No locker rooms. Kids should come ready to swim
- Rest rooms will be open for 1 swimmer at a time as needed. Sanitized immediately after.
- No group discussions/meetings
- Dryland will continue to be done remotely through zoom
- No equipment
- Transition to maybe bigger groups depending what the state will allow during the summer