June 18, 2020
Hello Swimmers and Parents,
Thank you to those that were able to attend.
Sorry for the Zoom audio issue, awesome at swimming, ha! Computers not so much...
We're using SignUp.com to organize our upcoming workouts
2x per week to start
Please sign up for SOLO Swim Practice!
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: https://signup.com/login/entry/2570052349749900114
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
Notes From Meeting:
1) Swimmers will be one per lane to start next week June 22.
2) Please arrive 10 min before the start of the swim, which you will see listed. Phase I requires that we take temp and give hand sanitizer before entering.
3) All swimmers will have equipment from SOLO. You can buy an equipment mesh bag for $6 (billed to your account), or provide your own.
4) MASK Required, Must Be In Suit, best to wear flip flops, and get all your things. Later Phases you will get to shower and change!
5) We will enter from the EXIT ONLY parking lot side. You will line up along the fence outside in marked areas.
6) Burgess has (starting block side) odd and even ends. Lane #1 is by the bleachers. Lane #11 is shallow and has no wall markings. Might be a band lane mix for sprinters.
7) Swimmers will be placed in lane areas of the pools based on level, each practice.
8) We will have two slots breaking our time from 4-5:30. All swimmers will get two regular 45 min slots. Seniors will have an additional day with a full 4-5:30 swim. Additional ONE slot can be made the SATURDAY before the UPCOMING WEEK if available.
9) Workouts will be posted daily online at soloaquatics to have a full workout schedule. But dryland will be a key part of the new process
10) Swimmers are encouraged to use other pools or book swims through Menlo Swim and Sport. You can always book a slot before your SOLO time!
11) Dues will not be billed for June. Dues will increase @18-20% for the months of July and August. We will need to see how things open up with allowing more swimmers per lane, which will also increase the number of days and length of time for all swimmers.
12) There might be an opportunity for family members to share lanes, etc. Last night San Mateo said we were in a new phase, while San Mateo Health said one per lane is still the policy as of this morning.
13) Please ask questions, I am here to help!
Thank you all for your support. This has been a tough process on the swimmers and getting things going in the pool should really help move forward.
I do this because I love it! And hope that your swimmers get to enjoy this lifelong activity. As they find their own path forward in sports and life, through the amazing opportunities learned in being part of the SOLO family program!