July 4, 2020
LAMVAC President's Update for July
Hope each of you and your families remain safe and healthy. The Board met late last week to discuss the current situation. A few updates for all:
- Status of swimming:
- The pool opened this week with the City of Mountain View and 56 swimmers were able to return to the water. Strict social distancing rules are in place including 1 swimmer per lane unless there are multiple swimmers per household.
- In July, we are hopeful for additional hours to enable more of our membership back into the water.
- Foothill remains closed.
- Dryland workouts / Open Water Options:
- LAMVAC normal dues will be charged for those that return to the water. If a swimmer is not back in water, dues will be waived.
- LAMVAC will be paying our Coaches their current wages in July as we will expect to exhaust our Payroll Protection Program (PPP) funding at the end of July.
- To be transparent, based on the current costs and income the team cannot operate long term as it is today. The Board will review the financials in July given the current incomes and expenses to LAMVAC. Decisions will be made regarding current fee and expense structure.
Thank you all for supporting each other and please take care of yourself, family, and friends! Remember to be kind to each other too!
President, Los Altos Mountain View Aquatic Club