July 5, 2020
Fingers crossed. We are supposed to hear tomorrow if the Rec is opening. The aquatics director has told us that he is 90% sure that the Rec will open on Wednesday 7/8. If it does open it will not be business as usual. The following rules will be in place:
- Capacity will be limited. The deck, pool and guards cannot total more than 50.
- Parents will not be allowed on deck
- Swimmers must be dropped off at the curb, ready to swim.
- Everyone entering the building must wear a mask
- Locker room will not be open.
- Swimmers when they enter the pool deck will be told how to proceed through the facility and will space their bags 6' apart on the benches.
- More rules will be forthcoming from the Rec.
I have registration ready to go online once we are given word from the Rec. This registration is only for the month of July. No fees will be required for returning swimmers (returning is defined as swimmers that were enroled in Fall and Winter). We understand that many of you may be financially stretched thin due to the pandemic. The board is taking pay what you can approach for the month of July. The team has taken a financial hit due the shutdown. We do not know when we will be able to host meets again. So, if you are in a position to help the club please donate, be thinking about sponsorship for the 2020/21 season and if you have any past amounts due be sure to pay them off before returning.
Initially registration will not be open to "new" swimmers. Once we have a better grip on how we are operating and as capacity allows we will open registration to "new" swimmers.
Now for tomorrow 7/6. I will be at the lake at 8 AM. I am asking that we all do 15 min of clean-up before swimming. The ramp was a mess this morning from someone's 4th of July.
Once we are back in the pool, I will continue to be at the lake on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 8 AM.