February 23, 2021
We will be voting for the next Junior Athlete Representative during the Senior Championship Meet on Saturday, March 20. The application is available online and all applications, Letters of Intent(LOI) and reference forms are due on March 12 at 11:59 PM. All online applications, LOIs and reference forms will be time/date stamped. Failure to have all information submitted by the deadline will result in an incomplete application and will not be considered. Received LOIs will be posted on the ASI website for viewing. The applicants must complete the following:
- Online application form – this is a Google Forms survey, please contact Daris Bright [email protected] if you have a problem accessing the form.
- Three online references forms completed by a coach, teacher, and community leader. Please contact Daris Bright [email protected] if your references have trouble accessing the form.
- Letter of Intent should be completed and emailed to Ainsley Jenkins [email protected] and Daris Bright [email protected]. Letter of Intent Instructions and formats are below.
The Junior Athlete Representative is a leadership position within the Arkansas LSC. The elected position is a member of the Arkansas LSC Board of Directors. A strong application presents clear evidence of the applicant's potential for leadership. To demonstrate this ability, the Letter of Intent should be no longer than 2 pages (no smaller than 10-font) and should contain the following bulleted items:
- Description of applicant’s history of leadership
/management. Possible examples include:
- Past leadership experiences
- Defining moments in your leadership journey
- Your greatest leadership challenges
- Swimming achievements
- Contributions the applicant may make to the Arkansas LSC as an athlete representative
- Community service activities currently involved
If you are interested in being considered for the Junior Athlete Rep position, you must meet the following Eligibility requirements:
- Be a USA Swimming Athlete Member in good standing;
- Be at least sixteen (16) years of age or at least a sophomore in high school;
- Be currently competing, or competed during the three (3) immediately preceding years, in the program of swimming conducted by Arkansas Swimming, Inc. or another LSC;
- Reside in the Territory and expect to reside therein throughout at least the first half of the term.
If you have any questions about the Junior Representative position or application process, please reach out to your coach or contact Daris Bright ([email protected])