Important: Divisional Champs Info & Timeline!!
December 3, 2010
To: BCST Swimmers participating in Divisional Champs!
From: The coaches
Important Info About the Meet: Take the time to read this please.
The timeline is posted on our website, here’s the link: Divisional Ch. timeline. Arrive early for warm-ups please.
- Will be swimming both days. Prelims and finals are scheduled.
- The top 12
swimmers in prelims will be swimming in finals.
- If you qualify for finals and don’t show up for finals you will be disqualifiedfrom the rest of the meet.
- If you qualify for finals and don’t wish to swim an event in finals you must scratch the event at the clerk of course.
- Also tell your coach if you do not wish to swim an event in finals, or if you can’t be there.
- If you take
a good look at the timeline you will note that the events
will be back to back during finals.
- Saturday finals last 43 minutes (on paper). Sunday finals are 54 minutes. Chances are that it will be a bit longer. Nevertheless finals will go quick and if you qualify for three finals you may wish to discuss dropping an event. Again discuss this with your coach.
- Stay informed during the course of the meet.
- Chances are
that both Saturday and Sunday finals will start a bit
later than the timeline shows
- On Saturday, the 10 & under pentathlon which is scheduled to follow the 13 & over prelims is slated to finish at 4:43pm which does not leave a lot of warm-up time for the 13 & over finals if they plan to start at 5:00pm.
- Prelim warm-ups for the 13 & over swimmers start at 8:00am both Saturday and Sunday. Line up behind the blocks 5-10 minutes prior to the start of Warm-ups.
- For Sunday parking at Hazen do not park on the church lot.
- Swimmers qualifying for finals will have time to relax between prelims and finals. Again check the timeline.
You will swim on Saturday between the prelims and finals of the 13 & over swimmers.
You will be participating in the pentathlon. Four 50’s (one of each stroke), plus the 100 IM. You will have a good time with this.
Per the time line, your warm up starts at 11:00am.
The meet starts at 12:00 noon.
Arrive early! Have a great time. Swim fast!
- You will be swimming on Sunday between the prelims & finals of the 13 & over swimmers. You will also be swimming a pentathlon just like the 10 & under swimmers.
- Warm up at about 11:15am, check the timeline. Meet at 12:15pm. Have Fun and Swim Fast!!!