If you would like more information please contact our team representative:
Donna Beyerl: firstname.lastname@example.org
TRAINING CARD: /amjccs/UserFiles/File/Officials%20Training%20Card(1).pdf
WHAT DOES AN OFFICIAL DO: /amjccs/UserFiles/File/AMS_Introduction%20to%20Officiating-jccs.pdf
- Unquestionably, being on deck at the edge of the pool is the best view to watch a swim meet. You won’t feel like you’re watching paint dry.
- AMS Officials are volunteers and without a doubt one of the nicest group of people you’ll ever meet.
- Each team, depending on their size, is required to maintain a minimum number of officials. By officiating, you help your team stay in compliance with their AMS team/club registration requirements.
- There likely is no better reason to officiate than to get free food and drink at the meets that you work. The Host Clubs provide hospitality to the coaches and officials.
- At some meets, you actually get preferential parking. Heaven forbid we should have to walk any further than absolutely necessary.
- Learning the rules of the sport, as promulgated by USA Swimming, will make you dangerous at the dinner table.
- Most AMS Officials will tell you that standing on deck and being involved in the ebb and flow of the meet is far better than sitting in the stands (yes, those incredibly hard stands), exchanging recipes with your friends and talking about all the other club families who don’t happen to be sitting nearby.