Ages 6- 11 years
Silver swimmers focus on stroke technique, body position, and kicking to set themselves up for future success and to limit future injuries, while building up workout intensity. These swimmers learn interval swimming and should know how to read a pace clock. Silver swimmers competitive goals should include achieving Junior Olympic standards.
Swimmers in this group have learned the fundamentals of swimming and have experienced some competition. More frequent practices are encouraged with emphasis on technique, conditioning, and endurance. We recommend Silver swimmers attend 3 to 4 practices per week. Swimmers in this group are strongly encouraged to attend meets scheduled by the coach and should know the Junior Olympic qualifying times.
Entry-level expectations for Silver swimmers:
- Begin each lap from the ready position.
- Be legal in at least 3 strokes.
- Knowledge of USA Swimming 10-year-old 'B' times to work toward.
- Able to streamline and do the proper kicks off every wall.
- Able to complete the following set:
- 8 x 50s freestyle @ 1:10
- 8 x 50s back dolphin kick with fins @ 1:15
- 4 x 25s scull @ 1:00
- 3 x 100 IM @ 3:10
Sites Available: Almaden Swim & Racquet, Gunderson High School, Club Sport