Gold E Group
Ages 8.0- 10.9
The Gold E group focuses on developing elite age-group swimmers with well rounded training methods. Gold E swimmers maintain focus on stroke technique, body position, and kicking to set themselves up for future success and to limit future injuries, while building up workout intensity. Gold E swimmers have competitive swimming experience. They learn the fundamentals of a well-rounded training program (including, but not limited to, dry-land training, race strategies, pacing, and improving technique) and are encouraged to work toward training and personal goals.
Gold E swimmers are encouraged to know their best times and training paces. We recommend Gold E swimmers attend 4 practices per week. Swimmers in this group are expected to attend meets scheduled by the coach with a goal of qualifying for Junior Olympic Top 8 and Far Western qualifying times.
Entry-level expectations for Gold E swimmers:
- Must be in the 10 & Under age group to enter the group
- Able to complete the following set:
- 6 x 50s freestyle @ :50
- 8 x 50s back dolphin kick with fins @ :50
- 8 x 50s kick @ 1:05
- 8 x 25s scull @ :45
- 4 x 100 IM @ 1:55
- Knowledge of Junior Olympic and/or Far Westerns times
- To enter this group a swimmer must have at least two National USA Swimming 10-year-old 'A' times.
Sites Available: Gunderson High School (all Attendance Requirement groups practice only at GHS)