Ages 11.0- 12.9
The grey group is a Developmental Track crossover group that is trying to bridge the gap to the National Track.
The grey group provides an intense and focused training environment for those 11-12 swimmers. Swimmers maintain focus on stroke technique, body position, and kicking to set themselves up for short and long-term success.
Grey Swimmers have written race goals and corresponding training goals. Swimmers swim with their goals in mind every practice.
Entry-level requirements for Grey swimmers are one of two criteria
1. Swim Requirement: Must have two USA Swimming 11-12 year-old time 'BB' times to enter the group AND be able to complete the following test sets:
- 6 x 50s freestyle @ :45
- 8 x 50s back dolphin kick with fins @ :45
- 10 x 50s kick @ 1:00
- 8 x 25s scull @ :40
- 5 x 100 IM @ 1:50
- 5 x 100 free @ 1:25
- 200 IM @ 3:00
- 400 IM @ 7:30 LCM without breaking stroke
2. Work Ethic Requirement: Must attend 4- 5 practices per week. Practice requirements are strictly enforced. Must attend swim meets regularly and have coaches’ recommendation to enter the group. Swimmers must have desire to work towards JO and USA Swimming 11-12 A times.
Sites Available: Gunderson High School (all National track groups practice only at GHS)
Changes from past seasons:
- With the new 2017- 2020 USA Swimming Motivational Times getting faster, there is a big jump from the 9-10 times to the 11-12 times. To help bridge this gap, entry requirements are either on Swim Requirements OR Work Ethic (i.e. dedication) Requirements.
- The Grey group will swim independently from other groups instead of hybriding with Turquoise or Pre-National like past seasons. Dry land training may still be combined.
- Swimmers will be eligible to move groups at the end of the season. Mid-season moves will not be available since the Grey group will be training independently of Turquoise and Pre-National. Group moves will occur at the normal times of year (August, January, and April/June).