Ages 11.0 - 13.5
The Pre-National group provides an intense and focused training environment for those 11-12 or 13-year-old swimmers who are training to be competing at Junior Olympics, Far Westerns and the CSA Conference Championship meets. Swimmers maintain focus on stroke technique, body position, and kicking to set themselves up for short and long-term success.
Pre-National Swimmers have written race goals and corresponding training goals. Swimmers swim with their goals in mind every practice.
Entry-level expectations for Pre-National swimmers:
- Must be 11-12 to enter the group.
- Must have two 11-12 National USA Swimming 'A' times to enter the group. 10-year-olds will be considered for this group if they have 11-12 FW+ times and/or be able to complete all test sets and other requirements for the group.
- Must attend 4-6 practices per week. Practice requirements are strictly enforced.
- Must be able to train and make intervals at the same level as other Pre-National swimmers already in the group.
- Push off the wall in proper ready position.
- Able to complete the following sets:
- 6 x 50s freestyle @ :45
- 8 x 50s back dolphin kick with fins @ :45
- 10 x 50s kick @ :55
- 8 x 25s scull @ :40
- 5 x 100 IM @ 1:40
- 5 x 100 free @ 1:25
- 400 IM @ 6:05 without breaking stroke
Sites Available: Gunderson High School (all National track groups practice only at GHS)