EASTERN ZONE LONG COURSE AGE GROUP CHAMPIONSHIP
Hosted by Poseidon Swimming & Virginia Swimming
AUGUST 7-10, 2019
Where: Collegiate School Aquatics Center, 5050 Ridgedale Parkway, Richmond, VA 23234.
Application deadline: Monday July15th 8:00am must be in our office by this date
What to do?
- Submit your application/code of conduct/medical form with $85.00 fee (per swimmer) to NJ Swimming Office
- Once NJS Office receives the application & fee(s) the swimmer(s) will be verified to see if they qualify to attend then
- Parent will receive email / verify your email create your password – sign into website
- Enter the events for each swimmer
- All accounts on the NJ swimming zone website will only be activated once the athlete application and fee are in our office
- Make your hotel reservation
- Order equipment – each swimmer must have (2) t-shirts, (2) caps and (1) suit
- All eligible swimmers must achieve the Long Course Zone Qualifying Time for each event the swimmer enters, not including relay only times. No converted times allowed. A swimmer may submit an application without having achieved the Qualifying Time with the understanding that the application will only be accepted if there are one or fewer qualified entrants to represent New Jersey. Applicants will be selected to fill vacant slots in order of verifiable entry time, fastest applicant first.
- To be eligible, you must be a NJ Swimming registered swimmer and have participated in individual events in a To be eligible, you must be a NJ Swimming / USA registered swimmer, and have participated in individual events in a minimum of two NJ sanctioned swim meets in the current Long Course season (May 1 to Long Course Junior Olympics), In addition, any 13 & Older swimmer who has achieved a USA Swimming Junior National, USA Swimming Spring championships (using the 18/U qualifying times), US Open, USA Swimming Nationals, or a Trial Class Meet qualifying time in an individual event is not eligible to compete at zones. Any swimmer 12 & younger who has achieved a qualifying time for one of the above listed meets but has not completed at any of those meets, may still participate at zones. Note- Sectional swimmers can apply and compete.
- Outreach Funding – to be eligible you must have been registered for 2018 as an Outreach athlete.
- COST: $85.00 application fee, (which must accompany your application). All fees are due and payable to: NEW JERSEY SWIMMING, INC 1933 Rt 35 Ste 105 PMB 349 Wall, NJ 07719 ALL APPLICATIONS & FEES MUST BE IN THE NJ SWIM OFFICE ON/BEFORE JULY 15th.
- An adult must accompany a swimmer during the entire meet. Additional rules will be explained upon qualifying for the team.
- All athletes must purchase (2) t-shirts, (1) one team suit and (2) two caps – all equipment is purchased directly from Metro Swimming TBA
- DISTRIBUTION OPTIONS FOR EQUIPMENT: TBA:
Frequently Asked Questions
Do the swimmers stay together as a team? No, parents are responsible for transporting and housing their swimmer(s). Please use the list of hotels found on the NJS LC Zones page- Hotel Information to make your reservations
Can the application be sent in before Junior Olympics? YES APPLICATIONS AND FEES MUST BE IN THE NJ SWIM OFFICE BY MONDAY JULY 15th 8:00am NO MAIL WILL BE RECEIVED AFTER THIS DATE.
Who selects the events the swimmer can swim? Swimmer/parents/coach – it is the events entered on each application. Once the swimmer is approved you will sign in to www.njszone.org and check your events. Each swimmer can swim a maximum of (6) six events over the four days. If you qualify for more than 6 events you will be entered into the first (6) six events listed on your application.
Do the swimmers need to be at the meet the entire 4 days? No, they can arrive for their events and leave, unless they are in relays. They will need to notify their group coach of their arrival/departure dates.
Do we need officials and timers? Yes, two timers each session as well as officials. Please sign up for a timing slot on the Job Page of the meet.
How will I know what I am swimming? Once you are approved you can sign in and see the events you selected for your swimmer(s) . PLEASE make sure you check your entries and email all corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than NOON MONDAY JULY 28th . DO NOT CALL THE OFFICE. No changes can be made after this time.
What if the fastest times are not showing: If your swimmer made a LC Zone QT outside of NJ Swimming please have your coach send a full meet backup so we can load the results onto our website. Just because it is in SWIMS does not mean we have it in our database.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE IN THE NJ SWIM OFFICE ON/BEFORE JULY 15th 8AM.
WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING MAIL AFTER THIS DATE NOR AT JUNIOR OLYMPICS.