FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who are the contacts in the TYDE office?
TYDE Contact Information - TYDE Office 336-721-2100
Lisa Greene [email protected] ext 6262
Melissa Kohrt [email protected]
Bob Jennings [email protected] ext. 6282
How do I know if my swimmer is ready to join the team?
JR Prep Academy Entrance Requirements: Prep Academy swimmers are required to demonstrate the ability to confidently swim:
- Freestyle with strong arm pull and rotary breathing (breathing to the side)
- Backstroke (with body in a horizontal position parallel to the bottom of the pool).
- They are expected to have a teachable understanding of breaststroke and butterfly strokes.
- Swimmers must be able to swim, with regular breaks, for the full practice time.
SR Prep Academy Entrance Requirements: Swimmers joining the group should be able to swim 2 lengths (50 yards) of freestyle (with rotary breathing) and backstroke without stopping and must be able to swim, with regular breaks, for the full practice time (see above).
- Bronze - Ability to consistently swim all 4 competitive strokes with proper technique and be able to swim, with regular breaks, for the full practice time.
- Silver - Ability to swim all 4 competitive strokes, be consistently legal in all four strokes, and have one USAS SCY B time.
- Gold - Ability to swim all 4 competitive strokes, be consistently legal, and have 4 USRY cuts (3 for Gold 1).
- Platinum - At least one (1) Short Course YMCA National time cut.
How do new swimmers join the team?
All new swimmers must attend a placement evaluation. Click the “New Swimmer Placement” button on the homepage for more detailed information as well as calendar of placements along with a signup link.
During the school year, returning TYDE swimmers may click the “INACTIVE SWIMMER REGISTRATION” on the homepage to return to a group they have been a part of within the last year.
What practice groups are offered & what time are practices?
Click here to see Sites/Practices Select any branch to see a chart of groups and times available at that site. All groups/levels are may not be available at all sites to allow for best practice experience for members by grouping swimmers based on skill level, age, and experience.
What does TYDE cost?
CLICK HERE to view current TYDE program fees
How do I submit a Group Change for TYDE?
All group and site changes must have prior approval
of current and new coach. Please contact [email protected] with questions about site changes and [email protected] regarding group changes due to moveups.
How do I cancel TYDE?
Go to the Resources tab at the top of the home page and then select “Forms and Documents” from the dropdown to access the TYDE Deactivation Form. Please allow one to two weeks for changes to be processed.
How do I update by method of payment (credit card or bank account) for TYDE?
Call the TYDE office at 336-721-2100 ext 6262.