REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
NOTE: Due to weather forecasts and schedule conflicts, morning practices will not begin until WEDNESDAY, JUNE 13th. Please continue to follow the evening practice schedule (7:00 - 9:15pm - same as last week) for Monday and Tuesday night. NO MORNING PRACTICES (including Guppies) on Monday (6/11) and Tuesday (6/12).
Below is a breakdown of the practice schedule for the 2018 season. (NOTE: Some changes may be necessary due to pool availability, group size, etc., but we will announce any changes as early and often as can be reasonably expected).
WHILE SCHOOL IS STILL IN SESSION (May 29– June 8):
Practices will begin on May 29th and will be held in the evenings while school remains in session. Swimmers will be broken into three groups, likely by ages, and will practice each evening, Monday through Friday, as follows:
- 7:00–7:45pm: 8 & Unders
- 7:45–8:30pm: Ages 9-12
- 8:30–9:15pm: 13 & Overs
AFTER SCHOOL IS OUT FOR THE SUMMER (June 11– July 27):
Once school releases, practices will shift to morning sessions. Practices will be held on Mondays through Fridays as follows:
- 7:30–8:30am: 13 & Overs
- 8:30–9:30am: Ages 9-12
- 9:30–10:30am: 8 & Unders
MAKE-UP SESSIONS (June 11– July 27):
Swimmers who cannot attend the morning practices due to a legitimate schedule conflict (e.g., work schedule, Summer School, etc.) will have the option to attend a make-up session in the evenings on Mondays through Thursdays from 7:00–7:45pm. This session will be all ages and will be limited to three lanes. Please discuss this option with Coach Mark prior to attending so we can verify the number of coaches needed for these sessions.
EVENING CLINICS (June 11– July 27):
In addition, up to two specialized clinics will be held each week throughout the season on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, starting at 7:45 pm. Details, focus, and times of each clinic will be announced as they are scheduled – with at least three days’ notice.
This is the schedule until schools are dismissed for the summer:
Practice Expectations (Swimmers)
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your assigned practice time. We want to start practices promptly and late arrivals cause confusion and delays.
- Goggles are required. Swim caps are encouraged (especially for the girls). If a swimmer has long hair and does not wish to wear a swim cap, they will need something to keep their hair tied (into a ponytail, for example).
- Proper swimwear during practices: Boys-Speedo jammers or briefs; Girls-Speedo suits. Boys should avoid wearing swim trunks or “board shorts” due to drag/resistance, making it 10 times more difficult to move through the water. Girls should not wear bikinis or any 2 piece suits (unless they are specifically designed for aquatic workouts).
- Respect the coaching staff. Listen to and follow the instructions of all coaches, not just the Head Coach. Misbehavior by a swimmer creates an unsafe environment for the instructors and fellow teammates.
- Have fun!
Practice Expectations (Parents)
- Talk to the coaches before 7:00pm or after 9:15pm, not during practices. Coach Mark will be available from 6:30-6:55pm and from 9:15-9:40pm to answer your questions. If you cannot get to the pool during those times, please request a separate time to meet/talk with him or anyone else on the coaching staff. You can also always find a Board member on deck during practices if you have a question that can’t be answered immediately by a coach. We encourage you to come forward with any and all questions or concerns. It is our responsibility to educate swimmers AND parents as best we can.
- Respect the “viewing boundaries” set by the coaching staff on the pool deck. We encourage parents to watch practices, but ask that you are not within a direct line of sight with your child and that you do not communicate (aka: give instructions) with your child during practice. In the event of an emergency, a coach will bring your child to you.
- Respect the coaching staff. You are entrusting us with your child for no more than an hour a day. Please allow us the opportunity to teach them this wonderful sport that we know and love.
- Have fun!