Glacier Swim Club Information for Scholarship Applicants:
- Scholarship applications will be considered throughout the year. Forms may be printed from the GSC website or requested from the Administrative Assistant. Completed forms should be returned to the Admin Assistant as well.
- Scholarship applicant names, applications and attachments will be kept confidential. Information will be disclosed only to the Scholarship Committee, consisting of the Administrative Assistant, Head Coach, Board President and Treasurer, as needed.
- Applications must be accompanied by copies of the last two pay stubs for each wage earner in the household OR a copy of your most recent tax return showing Adjusted Gross Income.
- Applicants may also apply separately for the CBJ Youth Activities scholarship to use toward membership fee. The CBJ scholarship request should be submitted directly to CBJ Parks & Recreation department. If you do apply to CBJ please let the GSC Administrative Assistant know so that he/she can follow-up with CBJ.
- Scholarships may be available for the following, depending on available funding:
- Monthly Dues
- Membership Fee
- Facility Fee
- USA Swimming Registration
- Swim Shop
- Travel/Meet Fees (must be submitted by meet registration date)
- Amount of the scholarship award will be determined based upon factors including, but not limited to:
- Amount requested
- Income of family
- Number of members in household
- Poverty level as compared to federal free/reduced lunch guidelines
- Available scholarship funds
- Special circumstances, if any
- GSC views a scholarship as a partnership with the family. All scholarship recipients will still be expected to provide 20 service hours per family per season to the club. If this commitment is not fulfilled, the scholarship may be revoked at the next application review.
GSC Scholarship Application
2018 Savannah Cayce Scholarship Application