White Dragons- Advanced lessons
This advanced Lesson group focuses on teaching swimmers correct Freestyle and Backstroke through drills and full stroke practice. Kicking is emphasized and endurance and speed are improved. A legal Dolphin kick is fully developed and beginning Butterfly is introduced. A legal Breaststroke kick is fully developed and Breaststroke is introduced. Streamlining and dives are taught, and racing starts and finishes are introduced. This group prepares swimmers to move up to Blue group and begin swimming at the team level, as well as enter their first swim meet. This group is taught with the Coach on the deck, and on occasion in the water with the swimmers.
* 6-12 years old
* Offered 4 days a week
* Typical lesson duration: 45 minutes *$110 per month
* Maximum class size: 8-10
· Swimmer has good listening skills, and is confident in deep water
· Beginning Freestyle with face in the water, some side breathing (2 laps)
· Beginning Backstroke with arm pull (2 laps)
· Correct flutter kick, some knowledge of dolphin and breaststroke kicks
· Willingness to learn diving
Required equipment: goggles, swim cap, snug fitting swimsuit, long blade floating swim fins
Suggested equipment: extra goggles, mesh equipment bag
Please contact us at [email protected] for practice times.