NEW SWIMMER & RETURNING SWIMMER REGISTRATION FOR
THE 2019-2020 DOLPHINS SWIM SEASON
Please read ALL of the following Information regarding Registration and Billing before starting the Registration process. (For U.S. Masters Swimming info, please click HERE)
1. All New Swimmers must try out with a Dolphin Coach to determine which Training Group is the best fit for them. To schedule a try out with a Dolphin Coach, please contact Adrienne Tirch at [email protected].
- For the try out, Swimmers will be expected to swim across a 25 yard pool unassisted and be comfortable alone in the water. Have your swimmer/s bring goggles and a towel. Other suggested items: clothes to change into after swim, crocs/flip flops for locker rooms, swim caps and/or if long hair, have hair tied back.
2. After the Try Out, the coaches will contact each swimmer with the Training Group that the new swimmer is to register with.
3. AFTER the swimmer receives their designated Training Group, THEN the swimmer can register with the Hudson Valley Dolphins.
Register with the training group you swam with the previous season unless notified by a coach with a different training group. If you have a question about which training group to register your swimmer, please contact Head Coach Billy MacElveen at [email protected].
Which Season to select?
When registering for the 2018-2019 season, you must select which Swim Season you are registering for. The Training Group fees depends on which Swim Season you select. Click here for 2019-2020 Training Group Fees.
In the Fall, there are 2 Options**:
1. Full Year which starts in September and continues through July
2. Winter Season starts in September and ends in early/mid-March depending on which championships meets your swimmer qualifies for
In the Spring, there is 1 Option:
- Spring Season which starts in April and continues through July
- The FULL YEAR training group fee is discounted compared to paying for Winter Season and Spring Season separately.
- New Members will be given until January 1st to switch from Winter Season to Full Year with the discounted training group fees
- After January 1st, changes to Swim Season will not be allowed. If interested in swimming Spring Season, you must wait until Spring Season registration opens in March.
How do I pay for Registration and Training Group Fees for Full Year & Winter Season?
For ALL registrations, a Credit Card is needed. At the completion of the registration, you will be charged a nonrefundable $100 registration fee for each swimmer plus any balance on your account. Also, if you are eligible for multiple swimmer per family discount (See “Discounts” below), it will be deducted at the time of registration checkout.
Your Training Group fees will be billed per the following schedule:
- Full Year Training Group Fees will be billed over 3 months with 33% of the total Training Group Fee billed each month. Your account will be bill on October 1st, November 1st, and December 1st.
- Winter Season Training Group Fees will be billed over 2 months with 50% of the total Training Group Fee billed each month. Your account will be bill on October 1st and November 1st.
- “Intro to Dolphins” Training Group Fee Billing Schedule:
- Full Year season will be billed over 3 months with 33% due on October 1st , January 1st , and April 1st
- Winter Season season will be billed over 2 months with 50% of the total Training Group Fee billed each month. Your account will be billed on October 1st and January 1st
- Participation in “Intro to Dolphins” can be canceled at any time. Please contact Adrienne Tirch at [email protected] regarding discontinuing with the program.
All payments are due no later than the 5th of the month. A late fee of $15 will be assessed for any invoices not paid by the 15th of the month. All Training Group Fees must be paid in full in by December. If you need to make other arrangements due to extenuating circumstances, please contact the Dolphins Treasurer, Pete Nikolski at [email protected]
How do I pay for Registration and Training Group Fees for Spring Season?
For ALL registrations, a Credit Card is needed.
New Swimmers will be charged a nonrefundable $100 registration fee for each swimmer at the completion of the registration. The entire Spring Training Group Fees will be billed and due on May 1st. If you are registering 2 or more new swimmers for Spring Season, please contact Adrienne Tirch at [email protected] .
Returning Winter Season swimmers registering for the Spring Season, you will NOT be charged the registration fee but any balance on your account at the completion of registration will be due. The entire Spring Training Group Fee will be billed and due on May 1st.
What happens after registration?
New Swimmers: You will receive an email once your registration is approved. A Dolphins account will be created for you. You will receive an email with your login information. In this account you will be able enter swim meets, view swim meet results, view and pay invoices, and more. When you login for the first time, please verify your email address and your cell phone number to ensure you will receive team communications. Communications will include weekly practice schedules, notification of upcoming swim meets, and any last minute changes to practice or meets.
Returning Swimmers: Please review your account and update accordingly.
- You will receive an email once your registration is approved and the swimmer can attend practices. Click here for Practice Schedule. Check weekly emails for any changes to the practices times.
- Also in your account, you can set up automatic payments for future charges with either your credit card OR ACH direct withdrawal from a bank account. Please ensure that this account information is kept up to date at all times.
Dolphins offer 3 types of Discounts which are applied to your account based on your selections during registration:
- For Families with multiple youth swim team swimmers (discount given at registration)
- Register all swimmers in your family during the same registration session
- 2 Swimmers: $50 discount off the Training Group Fees
- 3 Swimmers: $100 discount off the Training Group Fees
- 4 Swimmers: $150 discount off the Training Group Fees
- For High School Swim Team swimmers, there is an $100 discount off their Training Group Fees and is offered for Full Year and Winter Season registrations ONLY.
- Swimmer must be registered with the Dolphins during the High School Swim Team season.
- Discount given on October 1st invoice.
- For Team Officials
- USA Swimming certified: $250 off the Training Group Fees
- USA Swimming “in-training”: $125 off the Training Group Fees
- Discount given on October 1st invoice
To Register, click "Start Online Registration Here"
All registrations will be approved by a team administrator. If you registered for the incorrect training group, your registration will be corrected during the approval processes (along with associated training group fees).
Any Questions regarding Registration can be addressed to Adrienne Tirch at [email protected].