Please follow the instructions below to have SMS notifications set up on your account.
To add a cell number for text messages please follow the steps below. This MUST be done for the number to be activated for use through OnDeck.
- Sign in to our team's TeamUnify website.
- In the side menu click My Account > My Account.
- To add an SMS number for one of the athletes in the account, click the Members tab and then click their name; otherwise stay on the current screen.
- Fill in the cell number in the SMS field.
- Pick the cell Carrier for that phone from the drop down menu.
- Click Save in the upper right and it will send that number a verification text.
- Check your cell phone for a "Verify your SMS" text from email@example.com, and open it. Note that some cell carriers can take a while to deliver the message.
- Tap the link and you should see one of two possible messages.
- "Success! We have validated your primary SMS." (or "secondary SMS" if that's what you were verifying)
- "Sorry, your primary SMS has already been validated." Sometimes just opening the text will verify the number, resulting in this message.
In either case the SMS number is verified and ready to receive texts from the team.
- If tapping the link doesn't work, note the four digit code number in the text message.
- If you get the message "Sorry, the code XXXX did not match any codes," continue.
- Back in your team's website, click the Unverified button above the SMS number.
- If you got the error in step 10 on your mobile device, click Resend Verification and go back to step 7.
- Enter the four digit code from your text message in the Verification Code field and click Verify.
- You will see Verified in green above the SMS number. You may need to refresh the screen to see this.
This should get you set up to receive text messages from the team.
If you have any questions, or would like my assistance, please e-mail Jodi! I'm happy to help!
Sharks Team Registrar