NPAC Hosted Swim Meets
The three meets our team hosts per year are 100% dependent on swim family volunteers. Volunteer sign-up sheets are posted on the team bulletin board and the volunteer coordinator will also email parents when help is needed. Please volunteer to ensure a successful event for our swimmers!
· Head Timer – 1 (times leader of each heat and collects lane sheets)
· Timers – 12 (our team tries to provide at least 6 and families in the stands fill in the rest)
· Meet Set Up/Break Down – 4 (help set up tables, chairs, signage, timing system, flags, blocks, etc. prior to the meet start and take down after the meet)
· Concessions – 2 (manage sales table during meet-needs cash box and change to start with and prints heat sheets as needed)
· Clerk of Course – 2 (first/last call board and crowd control behind the blocks)
· Warm-up Assistant – 2 (on deck during warm-ups, writing down events on swimmers’ arms)
· Meet Marshal – 1 (safety on deck)
· Clock – 1 (on deck, start to stop events, send times to computer, etc.)
· Computer – 1 (on deck, run the events on the computer and print sheets, etc.)
· Ribbons/Trophies – 1 (order ribbons and trophies, place stickers on ribbons and distribute to each team’s coach after the meet if needed)
· Hospitality – 1 (set up tables, present food for coaches and staff, and keep the area clean and organized)
Hospitality Food Needs:
Our team tries to provide home cooked food for the volunteers on deck (breakfast and lunch depending on the meet…) the sign-up sheet is posted on the bulletin board. Any questions please contact our volunteer coordinator Nona Elliott at 907-488-3644 or email her at email@example.com.