The Recreational Group is a mixed-level practice group that has been designed for swimmers who:
- want to improve their skills in the four competitive swimming strokes;
- want to try out a swim team without making a significant commitment;
- are more interested in recreational training and conditioning than competitive swimming; and/or
- participate in many other activities and do not plan to swim 12 months of the year.
Swimmers in the Recreational program sign up for individual 10-week sessions, rather than the year-long team program. (See below for session dates.)
The training level of the Recreational Group is equivalent to the Gators' year-round Copper, Nickel, Steel and Bronze groups.
Minimum requirements for placement this group:
- Able to swim one lap of 25 yard pool unassisted and without stopping
- No specific skill level required in any of the competitive strokes.
- Swimmer must be able to complete a one hour workout successfully.
- Coaches reserve the right to decline swimmers whose inexperience or other attributes pose a safety risk to the group as a whole or to the individual swimmer even if they meet the above qualifications. Some attributes that may limit participation can include, but are not limited to, ability to follow directions, speed at which they are able to swim, or any other factor that the coaches notice during an evaluation. Please remember that even if your swimmer isn't ready yet, we are more than willing to evaluate them again in a few months. We are committed to on-boarding every interested swimmer once they can safely and ably participate in our program.
Coach: Darien Chan
Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 5:30 to 6:15 pm and 6:15 pm to 7:00 pm.
Location: Lincoln Pool
Attendance: Swimmers are encouraged to attend 2-4 times a week, depending on age and personal objectives
Competitions: Allowed, but not actively encouraged
2019 - 2020 RECREATIONAL PROGRAM SESSIONS
Fall (10 weeks) - None
Winter (10 weeks) - To be announced
Spring (10 weeks) - To be announced
Summer (10 weeks) - To be announced