Annual Fees (paid at time of registration):
- Annual Family Membership fee - $130 per family. (Family membership fees are used for pool rental, pool supplies and all other team expenses outside of coaches' salaries)
- Pacific Swimming/USA Swimming membership - $73/year, per swimmer. (Required for all team members; provides swimming-specific insurance.)
Monthly Coaching Fees (billed on the first of each month):
- Copper - $85.00
- Nickel - $90.00
- Steel - $95.00
- Bronze - $100.00
- Silver - $110.00
- Gold - $115.00
- Pre-Senior - $125.00
- Senior - $130.00
- Elite Senior - $165.00
Sibling Discount: Families with more than one registered athlete on the year-round team pay the full monthly coaching rate for their first swimmer. Monthly fees for siblings are discounted at the following rates:
- Swimmer 2 - 25% discount
- Swimmer 3 - 50% discount
- Swimmer 4 (and over) - 75% discount
Official's Discount: Families of trained/carded USA Swimming officials who work at Zone 2 meets on behalf of the Gators receive a $20/mo. discount on monthly coaching fees and a refund of their annual family membership fees. To qualify for this discount, an official must work a minimum of 6 full days at swim meets.
Monthly fees are due no later than the 10th of the month and are paid by Credit/Debit Card, through the team website.
Volunteer requirements: All Competitive Team families are required to serve a minimum of 12-hours/year helping with team tasks and events. Any unfulfilled volunteer hours will be charged at a rate of $25/hr at the completion of the season.
Fundraising requirements: Each family on the Competitive Team is required to raise or contribute a minimum of $50 per family toward team fundraising. The team hosts one major fundraiser per year - our Freeze-a-Gator swimathon each winter.
See the Handbook section of our website for additional details, policies and procedures regarding fees, billing & payments, volunteer requirements and fundraising requirements.
Recreational Group (Seasonal) Fees:
Program Fees (paid in full at time of registration):
10-week Sessions: $295.00
There are no volunteer or fundraising requirements for families who participate only in the seasonal group. Therefore there are no discounts of any kind for this program.
Roan Kees Scholarship
The Alameda Gators coaches and parent board and the Alameda Swimming Pool Association are pleased to announce the availability of scholarships for team members starting in the Fall 2017 to honor the memory of Roan Kees, an Alameda parent of four. Roan was actively involved in many youth sports activities and is remembered by many as teaching swimming through the Kinder Swim program at Franklin Pool.
Full or partial scholarships will be awarded at the discretion of the coaches based on the following characteristics demonstrated by the swimmer that honor the values that Roan modeled for her own children and the youth of Alameda.
- Positive attitude: Selected swimmers will consistently demonstrate a positive attitude towards their teammates and coaches.
- Fun: Roan always said "It isn't worth doing if you're not having fun."
- Effort: Roan always expected her own children to try their best at every practice or competition and expected the same of the kids she coached.
- Leadership: Roan wanted her children to help lead and encourage others to do their best and have fun, just as she expected from them. She taught them to model these values through their behavior, the effort they made at practices, as well as through their words of encouragement to others.
- Academics: Student athletes should demonstrate a balanced focus on school and swimming through good grades and academic achievement.
- Active and involved parents: Parents of scholarship recipients should be actively involved and volunteering consistently for team events and activities.
- Financial need: Scholarships will be awarded to swimmers for whom the swimming fees present a financial hardship
For more information about the available scholarships and to apply, please contact Board President Damian Hazen.