The National group is intended to provide a student athlete, 14 years and older,with a demanding and comprehensive training program, a positive learning environment, and an opportunity to realize challenging short-term and long-term goals in competitive swimming.
- Practice is offered 5-6 times per week. Monday through Saturday.
- Practice duration is 1 hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours per session.
- Daily practices include a combination of both dryland and swimming.
- The National practice session will start at the end of August and continue until the start of WPIAL practices in November. National practice sessions will resume mid-February until the end of FAST's Short Course season in March.
- National Spring and Summer Long Course practice sessions will also be available.
What swimmers need:
Swimmers should have an equipment bag that has the following items:
- Snorkel / Fins / Paddles / Pull Buoy
Expectations for National Group:
- Swimmers are to make a minimum of 5 practices per week and communicate with the head coach about their training schedule.
- Strive to achieve competitive excellence at the local, regional, and national level by attending all meets prescribed by the coaching staff.
- Athletes must conduct themselves in a manner appropriate to actions needed to promote and support the goals of the team.