PEAQ-Canon Mac Swim Lessons
Canon McMillan High School Pool
If you are interested in learning more about our Learn-to-Swim program, please read the information below before registering your child. Any questions that you may have regarding this program can be sent to Jillian Breckenridge at email@example.com.
WHAT IS LEARN TO SWIM?
Pittsburgh Elite Aquatics – Canon McMillan offers small-group lessons for children ages 4-12 (6th grade) throughout the year at Canon McMillan High School. Our lesson program develops a beginning swimmer’s skill through our 5-level program. With the completion of all levels, a swimmer will be able to perform competitive freestyle and backstroke correctly. Instruction for our program is provided by certified instructors and assisted by members of our swim club. We strive to have a very low student to teacher ratio in our classes in order for swimmers to get excellent instruction.
Sign up for our small group lessons now! These 35-minute lessons are highly individualized and emphasize safety, skill, and technique. Each session includes 4 lessons over a two week session and joining a new session requires a new registration.
4 small group lessons per session (ages 4-12).
March Session 1: March 16-19
March Session 2: March 23-26
Levels 1 and 2: 4:00-4:35 PM
Levels 3, 4, and 5: 4:45-5:20 PM
Canon McMillan High School Pool - 314 Elm St Extension, Canonsburg, PA 15317
$60 / 4 Lesson Session (35 minutes each)
- Level 1 - Comfortable in water; Comfortable with light splashing/water in face.
- Level 2 - Puts head underwater; Blows bubbles submerged underwater; Comfortable floating on back and face.
- Level 3 - Blows bubbles with face in water while kicking on wall; Kicks to instructor with face in water; Kicks back to wall with boost from instructor. Streamline push off and uses arms to move forward.
- Level 4 - Swims freestyle with rhythmic breathing; swims freestyle to flags and back. Kicks on front and back starting themselves; Sitting dive or jump and swim back to wall.
- Level 5 - Swims freestyle 2/3 lengths of pool; Swims backstroke 2/3 lengths of pool; Can do kneeling dive; Tread water for 45 seconds.
Please note that the completion of a session does not equate with the completion of a level. Students may require several sessions in each level to master the skills necessary to advance to the next level.
Locker Room Policy and Pool Deck Policy
No parents will be permitted on the pool deck. If a child needs assistance getting dressed or with other bathroom needs, families are welcome to use the two restrooms in the hall located outside the pool area.
Refund Policy, Cancelation, and Make-up Lesson Policy
Refunds – No Refunds will be offered after the start of each session.
Cancellation – If a lesson needs to be canceled for any reason, a make-up lesson will be scheduled. The make-up lesson will be scheduled on the same day of the week and time as the canceled lesson, if and when possible. There are no refunds for canceled lessons.
Make-up Lessons – No make-up lessons are available for lessons missed by any registrants.