If you want to receive text messages for team information, you can add a cell number for both your Account and for each member (swimmer) on your account. Each Account may have multiple cell numbers, but each Member is allowed only one. Texts may be sent to 'All Accounts' or just to certain 'Training Groups'. Account holders have to set these numbers up, themselves, because it requires retrieving a verification code from their cell phone and entering it on the site to complete. The same parent numbers can be set up for both Accounts and Members.
Please follow the steps below.
Log in to the Jets website, then:
- Go to My Account > My Account
- To add an SMS number for one of the athletes in the account, click their name; otherwise stay on the current screen
- You will see a box for “Email and Text Messaging Setup.” Click the Add SMS button to the right of the box.
- Fill in the Cell Number and Cell Carrier in the pop up and click the Send button
- A pop up will say that a text has been sent to the cell number for verification
- Check your cell phone for this message and note the Verification / Validation code. Note that some cell carriers can take awhile to deliver the message.
- Enter this number in the “Verification Code” field and click Verify. This MUST be done for the number to be activated for use through OnDeck.
- The cell number will appear in the box with the “Verified” checkbox checked
- Done! Follow the same procedure if you have multiple members.