MIDNIGHT SUN SWIM TEAM
P.O. BOX 83625
FAIRBANKS, ALASKA 99708
CODE OF CONDUCT
The purpose of this code is to promote the best possible individual, team, and program responsibility
which develops and maintains the principles of mutual respect and cooperation.
Code of Conduct
- All participating team members will abide by this code of conduct and follow the directions of coaching staff and / or chaperones.
- We will refrain from judging or criticizing others. We will “Praise in Public and Correct in Private.”
- We will treat all members of the team (coaches, swimmers, parents, officials) and our opponents with dignity and respect while maintaining good sportsmanship.
- Disrespectful, inappropriate or destructive / dangerous behavior in the locker rooms, on the pool deck, or in the pool facility itself will not be tolerated.
- We are all responsible for the care and proper use of equipment. Practice is not finished until all supplies are returned to storage. Everyone helps.
- We will arrive to practice allowing enough time to begin on time.
- We will be committed to our best effort every day. An honest effort does not include cutting laps, pulling on the lane line or impeding other swimmer’s progress.
- We will remain respectful and make an honest effort to listen and look when anyone is speaking.
- We will be dedicated and loyal to our club and teammates. We will be vocally supportive.
- Physically or verbally abusive behavior is unacceptable for members of Midnight Sun Swim Team.
- Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct may result in, but not necessarily be limited to, any or all of the following actions:
o Verbal counseling with the Head Coach.
o Verbal counseling with the Head Coach and parents.
o Written warning referencing conduct.
o Suspension from team activities i.e. local meets, travel meets, other activities, etc.
o Possible suspension from the Midnight Sun Swim Team.
I recognize my responsibility to abide by the rules and requirements of the Midnight Sun Swim Team Code of Conduct. I am representing and acknowledge that I have received and read such.
Swimmer: __________________________________________Date: __________________________
Parent: ____________________________________________Date: __________________________