Ashley Fillmore Memorial Scholarship Application
The Ashley Fillmore Memorial Scholarship Fund (AFMSF) was established in 2005 in remembrance of Ashely Fillmore, a swimmer with the YMCA Westside Silver Fins (YWSF) Swim Team. Ashley was killed in an early morning traffic accident on her way to swim practice.
The AFMSF is available to current YWSF swimmers who are seniors in high school and plan to attend a college/university following graduation and continue his/her swimming career.
- Enrolling in a four year college/university
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 must be maintained during college
- Must be a current YWSF member for at least the past two years
- 25 Community Service Hours (cumulative for Jr/Sr. years of HS)
- 300-500 Word Essay
- Completed W-9 (New Applications only)
- Continuing swimming in college
A $500 scholarship will be awarded per fall and spring semesters provided that the applications are complete and received on time and as funding is available (up to $1000 per year). It may be renewable for up to 3 years. Funding ($500) will be provided to the swimmer by September 15th and February 15th each year. A Semester Renewal Application will need to be completed each semester after the initial application has been processed. Automatic renewal of the scholarship is not guaranteed. Maximum award per swimmer, over the course of 4 years, will be $4,000. Funding may be utilized as seen fit by the recipient.
- Annual deadline August 15th
- Renewal application deadline January 15th
Return completed application to:
Southwest Valley YMCA
c/o YMCA Westside Silver Fins
2919 N. Litchfield Rd.
Goodyear, AZ 85395