Team Travel Meets
Team travel meets are away meets attended by swimmers, coaches and adult chaperones, traveling, dining, and lodging as a team. Team travel meets are different from away meets where swimmers travel and stay with their families. For team travel meets we strive to bring one chaperone for every 8-12 swimmers on the trip. Chaperones, under direction of the head coach, will be responsible for the care of all athletes on the trip including meals, curfews, transportation and any other issues that may arise. Coaches will be responsible for all meet related aspects of the trip including meet administration and coaching. They may also be used for transportation needs.
YWSF selects team travel meets for the following reasons:
- Provide swimmers with experience competing against swimmers from other LSCs, typically at a higher quality of individual and team competition.
- Swimmers gain experience in prelims/finals competition in and outside of the Valley of the Sun.
- The coaches are seeking competitions conducive to exceptional performance.
- The swimmers experience the fun and social interactions of traveling as a team.
- The swimmers learn responsibility and independence through our travel experience.
Travel Team Code of Conduct