Chinook Code of Conduct
All Chinook swimmers shall agree to:
- Display respect, honesty and sportsmanship towards coaches, officials, administrators, parents, team mates and fellow competitors.
- Display a positive and supportive attitude toward the program, coaches and teammates.
- Notify the coach through verbal communication when attendance at practice is not possible.
- Maintain a lifestyle that will allow for proper sleep, rest and nutrition necessary for maximum performance.
- Behave in such a way that their actions reflect positively on the team, at all club functions, whether practice, meets or social gatherings,. All members of the club, whether parents or swimmers, should protect and improve the excellent reputation of the club.
- Recognize bullying within the team and stand up for other swimmers if they are the target of bulling or improper treatment.
- All inappropriate treatment of another swimmer must be reported to the coach immediately
Refrain from any inappropriate or unacceptable behaviour, such as, but not exclusive to:
- Any activity, which would detract from a positive image of the program.
- Any negative electronic presence (social media, texting, etc) including a poor representation of yourself.
- Interfere with the progress of another swimmer during practice or otherwise.
- Use of any drugs unless medically prescribed.
- Violation of curfews established by the coach.
- Smoking. Drinking alcoholic beverages at any time. Any illegal activity.
- Repeated negative actions towards another swimmer or the team.
Any contravention of the Code of Conduct will be dealt with by the Chinook Swim Club, through its representatives, and may result in
- Practice suspension.
- Fines (eg. cost of a relay, if the club must cancel when a swimmer pulls out).
- Not permitted to compete any further at a meet, or being dropped from a relay event.
- Sent home early via bus/plane (at parent’s expense).
- Suspension from competition until further notice (or expulsion).
- Any combination of the above.
I agree to the above, as well as the Swim BC policy on the other side.
Signature of swimmer Day Month Year
Signature of Parent/Guardian